Sign in to follow this  
tkrow21

Golden E8400

Great Job on your OC!

My E8400 has C1 SLAPL... i CAN ONLY GET STABLE TO 4.0ghZ... So, I backed it down to 3.8GHz for safety.

Any ideas on how I can get above 4.0 GHz & stable?

I backed down the multiplier to 8.5 for total stability at 3.8 GHz; 1066 DDR2 is Corsair & is also overclockable to 1167.

To get stable above 4GHz you would need a P45 mobo. For some reason the P35 boards don't like the FSB up that high. Also that mem can get up to 1200 on a P45 board. Imho 3.8 is a decent daily oc and you shouldn't need to go any higher. :P

I wouldn't say you HAD to go P45 for a 4.0 GHz OC with regards to the higher FSB. I've got an Asus P5KC (I know, not one of there best P35 boards), running at 4.0 Ghz with an E8400 (E0) @ 1.280 Volts.

FSB: 500 X 8 (multi) and it's perfectly stable. Just FYI.

I wouldn't say you HAD to go P45 for a 4.0 GHz OC with regards to the higher FSB. I've got an Asus P5KC (I know, not one of there best P35 boards), running at 4.0 Ghz with an E8400 (E0) @ 1.280 Volts.

FSB: 500 X 8 (multi) and it's perfectly stable. Just FYI.

That's not what I said -_- ... I said to get it stable above 4GHz or if you just wanted higher memory speeds. And I don't know if its all that different if you have a different stepping or a different P35 board. All I know is that most P35 boards don't like to be tweaked that high.