Sign in to follow this  
tkrow21

Golden E8400

Ok, but is it IntelBurnTest stable? I previously thought that my OC was good till I ran that. Now I use IBT because its faster and way more intense. And don't be alarmed about the temps because they will get way up there. Good luck. :P

It does if you set the tjmax in the settings...

ok you guys are freakin me out cuz that looks like "real temps" not "core temps"....am i seeing things.??

ok you guys are freakin me out cuz that looks like "real temps" not "core temps"....am i seeing things.??

"RealTemp" and "CoreTemp" are the names of the monitoring program. They should show the same thing.

Yep the E0's are nice my E8400 does just under 3.8Ghz on the stock VID of 1.25v in bios. with 1.3625 in bios is does just under 4.3Ghz. I rma'd my board so testing will continue when i get it back, supposed to be here Monday

Ok, but is it IntelBurnTest stable? I previously thought that my OC was good till I ran that. Now I use IBT because its faster and way more intense. And don't be alarmed about the temps because they will get way up there. Good luck. :P

does that test really matter, I can run prime95 day and night but never pass intel burn test and it brings my temps up to like 80C.

Great Job on your OC!

My E8400 has C1 SLAPL... i CAN ONLY GET STABLE TO 4.0ghZ... So, I backed it down to 3.8GHz for safety.

Any ideas on how I can get above 4.0 GHz & stable?

I backed down the multiplier to 8.5 for total stability at 3.8 GHz; 1066 DDR2 is Corsair & is also overclockable to 1167.

Great Job on your OC!

My E8400 has C1 SLAPL... i CAN ONLY GET STABLE TO 4.0ghZ... So, I backed it down to 3.8GHz for safety.

Any ideas on how I can get above 4.0 GHz & stable?

I backed down the multiplier to 8.5 for total stability at 3.8 GHz; 1066 DDR2 is Corsair & is also overclockable to 1167.

Make a new thread, I'm a noob at overclocking.