Obama Wants To Delay Dtv Switch

Verran

How many people who applied for those coupons didn't even need them?

I love it when I see people rely on the government to help them run their lives.

Gotta love those democrats. :blink:

The coupons only cost the gummit if they are actually used. The error here was failing to anticipate the number of unused coupons. The people never asked for help with this, it was designed to soften the blow of an official mandate, a common practice in such instances. How did that become something to blame Democrats for?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they not phasing it in the USA? I don't know much on this topic for you fellas, but here in the UK the digital roll-out was phased by counties, to iron out bugs as they went along. Sorry to hear about the delay.

That's too bad.

If you still watch TV over the air getting only 3-4 channels it must not be that important to you. Also I don't understand why they are passing out coupons for converter boxes. Based on what I have seen there not that expensive I've seen most cost some ware between $40-$60 dollars.

I think when it comes to this transition there is too much confusion among people when there shouldn't be any at all. I know quite a few people who over the past year or so have thrown out there regular tv and bought HDTVs because they though there tvs hocked up to cable wouldn't work any more. There's probably a lot more people like that who think that on Feb 17 there tvs hocked up to cable will stop working so they complain about it enough and then there forced to move it back.

Are they not phasing it in the USA? I don't know much on this topic for you fellas, but here in the UK the digital roll-out was phased by counties, to iron out bugs as they went along. Sorry to hear about the delay.

Nah... they've just been telling everyone for the last 2 year it was coming, followed by an all out media blitz for the past 6-8 months (if not longer). There is no way to not know about the DTV switch, heck even the Amish have heard about it by now. :D

They actually did a test roll-out here in NC last summer in Wilmington. I'm not sure how successful it was, but it happened.

The fact that there wasn't a media frenzy covering it makes me think it was without major incident.

Am I the only one who thinks this is not a big deal? Cable is everywhere these days. Is you have cable this won't affect you, correct?

When I tried out a desktop antenna (this thing) I only got 3 channels and was not impressed with the picture.

BFD IMHO

Oh but the government is here to help you my friend.

Don't worry. :rolleyes:

Couldn't agree with you more. :thumbs-up:

Am I the only one who thinks this is not a big deal? Cable is everywhere these days. Is you have cable this won't affect you, correct?

When I tried out a desktop antenna (this thing) I only got 3 channels and was not impressed with the picture.

BFD IMHO

Not everyone can afford cable though, I agree though they need to go on and do it. When the people who have have not heard about it have no TV they will quickly figure it out...

Not everyone can afford cable though, I agree though they need to go on and do it. When the people who have have not heard about it have no TV they will quickly figure it out...

Cable is a RIGHT. If you were to stand George Washington up when he was elected president, and ask him, "How many people do you think will be without cable in 2009?" Surely he would tell you, "none, of course! Cable is a right that all Americans should be able to enjoy!" (for some reason, I can literally picture Joe Biden saying this...)

I propose a $1,200/year refundable credit for all Americans earning below $50,000 per year to apply towards purchasing cable, the HBO and Showtime packages, high speed internet... and the digital phone service. Paid for by the filthy rich white man who doesn't deserve that much money anyway.

Cable is a RIGHT. I propose a $1,200/year refundable credit for all Americans earning below $50,000 per year to apply towards purchasing cable, the HBO and Showtime packages, high speed internet... and the digital phone service. Paid for by the filthy rich white man who doesn't deserve that much money anyway.

Satellite TV is alot cheaper than cable and has a better DIGITAL picture.