Do Not Go Up Against Wow....

Sandwich

Never played and don't plan on it. I do look forward to the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO (I think thats what they're calling it from the last I heard) which will be my first. And if they ever made a Elder Scrolls based MMO I'd jump on that in an instant. But like a few others here I'm in college and have a serious relationship so I can't afford to get addicted (although an ES MMO would make it hard not to lol). I have huge plans for my education and future that includes getting a Ph.d in Computer Engineering from CMU and making a sh!tload of $$$. =]

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AOC is seriously shutting down, let me let out giant LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I played that game for a month and Ill be completely honest when I say I would rather burn 50 $1 bills then play that game again.

I do not get the MMO scene at all.

I just can not get into it one bit. I think the last time i flirted with something similar was diablo 2 and that got maybe 30 days of gameplay at the most.

As far as i'm concerned its like playing with war hammer miniatures as an adult.

I do not get the MMO scene at all.

I just can not get into it one bit. I think the last time i flirted with something similar was diablo 2 and that got maybe 30 days of gameplay at the most.

As far as i'm concerned its like playing with war hammer miniatures as an adult.

I'm guessing you prefer FPS and RTS to RPG's. I think I played Diablo 2 on and off (more on than off ;) ) for 4-5 years. Then I started playing WoW too much for like about a year (didn't fail at school unlike others I know though..) took a year break from WoW.. shared an account with a friend and now I play casually.

I like what everyone likes so much about WoW... progress! And, like Double_Density mentioned, WoW is fairly easy providing you're not brain dead :lol:

I'm an admitted MMORPG gamer, played evercrack for 2+years, quit my job and all that.

I said i would never play a game like that again and then tried WoW this past summer for about 3 months.

I like it and it is a better game than EQ but I guess I am old, the towns are full of retards jumping around and challenging you to a duel get annoying very fast and then there is the trade channel chat. Full of idiots who pay $16 a month to type what they think is witty banter.... ad nauseum. :blink:

I have a few friends at work who play and keep trying to talk me into getting back to it. Hmm, I don't think so. <_<

I'm addicted to D2.

I rarely ever play it to the end.

I'll make a character, attempt to obtain good gear, beat andariel and then delete it.

I do that over and over and over and over...

I like to try out different character builds too, sometimes following a strict path and sometime making an obscure build.

Someone help...

fading away...

its got me...

I cant escape...

Edited by Andrewr05

The amount of time that this game sucks me into really depends on what I'm doing in it and what I'm doing in the real world. Over winter break I was gaming nearly 40-50 hours per week. Trying to get to level 80 and gearing up for heroics/raids. Then I hit 80 and got all epic'd out and it dropped down to 30-40 hours per week. Now the spring term started its down to 20-30 hours per week for now....... Of course I cut down on raiding, that was a big chunk of time spent playing plus regular playtime. Usually 4-6 hours per 3 raid days a week; est 12-18 hours of raiding a week.

It all really depends on how people prioritize their activities.

I've only played 1 hour of WoW this week (since monday), which was like 20 minutes ago (Probably a personal best, excluding times when I was away from home or got bored of WoW). Respec'd my alt mage @ level 47 to a frost aoe spec and loved it. Did two pulls with 5-7 mobs at once and killed them in 3 blizzards. More fun than just spamming frostbolt in my old spec.

Blizzard has improved the WoW Engine. Some people rather value gameplay over graphics. If you don't like the gameplay of WoW, thats fine but 10 million or so players would beg to differ. WoW graphics aren't that bad on max settings anyways. I never had complains other than the draw distance for mobs, players, and mining viens. Which are much shorter than the terrain draw distance.

I know people who get only 20 fps while just standing there on a super super low settings and 1-2 addons. Yet they are still good players even at those low frames, which makes WoW a plus for people who don't have gaming rigs.

I think the only thing that can hold players back in WoW performance wise is having a dial up connection and trying to do an instance/raid/ or any activity involving multiple players.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Well, I am personally done with WoW, too much else going on, but, I will be playine Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 religiously, but, whats nice about those games is, I dont have to depend on others to be online and spend 5-6 hours raiding....saved games ftw?

haha

Trust me, it isn't the game play (though the endless raiding is hair pullingly aggravating. In EQ2, I've raided a total of once. At least in that game you don't HAVE to raid), its the community and the incredibly mindbogglingly fast speed at which you become top level and then have no choice but to raid.

I'd rather play EQ2. Or better yet, the upcoming STO, SGO, or even better ST:TOR.

Edited by moiraesfate

hmmmm, i am a true world of warcraft hater i will not even give it credit by using the acronym Screw that, it doesnt derserve to have such a awesome word used to descibe it complete garbage. ive lost 6 freinds to it, theve lost there jobs, girlfreinds, and integrity, i look at the games pre 04 graphics and am not impressed 1 bit, i dont see the addiction GO COLLECT 9 of them GO COLLECT 3 of these! wow yeah thats fun....*rollz eyes* whatever go pay 15 dollars a month to mack on the 1 girls actully playing World of warcraft thats actually a guy and enjoy yourself. LOL!!!

Complete garbage yet it's incredibly addicting and it's the largest game of it's kind. Yeah, that makes sense. That, and trying to say that it has "pre 04" graphics is simply ignorant. Have you even looked at it in the last 4 years? :lol:

oh and too add on that age of conan blew wow out of the waters with graphics actually collision detection and gameplay! done! people are just too stupid too see a good thing

It's too bad that AoC sucked .. I spent about 2 weeks trying to like it but it was so buggy and boring that I gave up (as did everyone else).

Well, WOW was fun for me because I enjoyed killing other people. Its much more degrading then say a FPS because people spend hundreds of hours, they name it, they dress it, they give it facial hair, they do allll the quests, they equip it....only to have someone else kick their .....hahahah I loved degrading people, and they would actually take that . sooo seriously. But, ya Ill never play again. Getting married and going to Vet school + WOW = disaster

ive watched people in wow fight each other. and im like really......you stand in front of each other and just hit on 1-9 or click something in your toolbar, honestly i need something that takes skill, and yes your right you have gear and face and hair and that stuff but honestly, i could buy a uber account for whatever amount they sell for and be godly and i would still not need skill cause i have this godly character with uber gear...now with Fps shooters you have to tone your reflexes listen to ever sound you getting better with time there i no i have new sweet gear in shooters except like diffrent gunz.

i think tea baggings someone in a fps is the best ever.

Complete garbage yet it's incredibly addicting and it's the largest game of it's kind. Yeah, that makes sense. That, and trying to say that it has "pre 04" graphics is simply ignorant. Have you even looked at it in the last 4 years? :lol:

yeah i have seen it my fiance plays it and it looks like a giant cartoon or Wii graphics at most, not impressed battlefield 1942 had better graphics.

It's too bad that AoC sucked .. I spent about 2 weeks trying to like it but it was so buggy and boring that I gave up (as did everyone else).

i played to lvl 80 still have 4 chracters and accounts. love it. actually dismemberment Blood nudity, making sure the 12 yr olds stay out of my game so i dont have to listen to there pre pubesant voices. its nice to have a adult game.

I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who thinks WoW looks worse than 1942 and yet still play AoC, the most buggy, incomplete, and 12 year old infested game of all time. :lol: It's no more an adult game than Counterstrike.