Raedon Hd4900

T_J_Collier

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so done with ATI I could care less. The only thing I like ATI for these days is the price war. It keeps nvidia honest.

Can you at least explain? It's very frustrating when you say something like this without saying why. It leads me to think that your 4870 couldn't play Crysis because it was coded horribly.

ati takes better risks, makes more interesting technologies

nvidia makes more reliable cards

Well yeah, that's kind of true. When they used GDDR4 on the 3870, all they got was more heat and power consumption with little speed boost.

Not that ATI doesn't make reliable cards.

BUT, the nVidia vs. ATI flamewar doesn't have anything to do with the topic.

I for one, am looking forward to what the release of these new 40nm GPU's will do to the pricing on the current line-up (hopes to get a second HD4850 sometime in the summer).

Edited by Krow

Can you at least explain? It's very frustrating when you say something like this without saying why. It leads me to think that your 4870 couldn't play Crysis because it was coded horribly.

Well yeah, that's kind of true. When they used GDDR4 on the 3870, all they got was more heat and power consumption with little speed boost.

Not that ATI doesn't make reliable cards.

ya of course they do but on average there tends to be more software complications, nothing a little user effort can't resolve. Some people don't want to put forth the effort (which sometimes isn't needed at all) for equal or better technology. They see that if you pay 50 to 100 more dollars for the same performance than that's a better buy, just as long as they can dodge a few minor software issues. :lol:

I'll always be a graphics card swinger though, I'll defend either developer when appropriate.