Memory Timing

hi i have a new build with a q6600 and 4 1gb sticks of C4D corsair dominator 6400 . my question is the default in my bios is set to 5 5 5 18 [email protected] v the spec for that memory is 4 4 4 12 @2.1. do i set it to that spec and since i have 4 1gb sticks would it harm the pc in the long run ? i am not overclocking the pc at the moment .would it be better set at 5 5 5 18 @1.8 volts

Hello,

The memory timimgs will not cause damage to the PC, however if they are too low it can cause file corruption/BSODs or prevent the PC from booting.

Change the timings to 4-4-4-12 and set the voltage to 2.1v and run memtest for a few hours.

If all is fine then leave it as this will improve system performance.

you have to set mem timing to spec when ever you get new mem... bios' always will change it to 1.8v default and 5-5-5 timings, if your mem is spec for the timings you say, then you should have no problems running those speeds and volts, plus it'll give you better performance with the spec speeds!

i ran memtest today once to see what i was looking at all passed no errors ran for about 2 hrs. the only thing i was concerned about if it makes any difference at all is they are 2 different versions one set is 2.2 i believe and the other is set is 1.2 ? but so far they seem to run ok and yes it seems faster in games with the 4 4 4 12 2.1 setting.