Sign in to follow this  
Kuronin

Problem With Sli

OK, so I am trying to run two 7300GTs in SLI on one of my rigs, both cards are seated properly, and even are recognized in GPU-Z and Rivatuner. However when I go into the NVidia control panel, the option to enable SLI is nowhere to be found. I have enabled SLI in the BIOS, and I tried to upgrade the Drivers, but when I do it sets the resolution to 640x480 and lowers the colors to 4bits, and the NVidia Control panel refuses to open so I can change settings. So I am pretty much stuck with the drivers they shipped with.

If anyone can provide insight as to how I can get to enable SLI, I would be greatly appreciated and I will also provide any requested information. Thanks guys.

This may sound like a dumb question... but I've seen it before...

You do have the bridge linking the cards right?!

also if you can post a GPU-z of both cards, that would be appreciated... plus what are your total system specs?

You do have the bridge linking the cards right?!

Unless it's changed in the last year or so then the bridge isn't actually necessary. It adds a better performance but not required.

As for the problem, I would try having just one card installed then try updating the driver. Then try adding the 2nd card afterwards.

Of course, This particular rig is running a XFX 750a motherboard, AMD Athlon X2 4600+ overclocked from 2.4 to 2.8 and working on higher, 2 GB DDR2 OCZ SLI-Ready RAM, MAXTOR IDE HDD, and a 650-watt ULTRA PSU.

Here is that screenie you wanted,

untitled-1.jpg

And here is a picture of my rig.

102_1426.jpg

Hope that answers all your questions.

is there a particular bios update that may address possible sli issues? also, perhaps the bios of the cards need to be exactly the same? (when the 6series were released, it did matter i think).

I already updated the BIOS a while ago on that board. I am not sure if the BIOS on the cards needs to be the same, probably not, since I have used them in SLI On my ASUS M2N-SLI and my MSI K9N SLI Platinum.

Wow, looking through my records, I spent $200 on my 4600+.

I would just like to hear what other people have to say before I start flashing stuff.

*EDIT* I also spent $60 on 512MB DDR2

Cards Bios don't need to be the same, nor the vendor or clock speeds... just the GPU

I ran a pair of 7800GTXs once, completely diff clock speeds, diff bios' and vendors.. and they ran beautiful.

I see you have your Monitor connected to your bottom card, I know with my 7800GTXs I had to have it connected to the output on the top card closes to the motherboard (4 DVI) so try just connecting it to your top card and see what that does...

it has to be a simple explanation because there is no real reason why they shouldn't be working....

Edited by For2went

Well, little less then coming over to your place and looking at it I'm not too sure...

Check out http://forums.slizone.com/ they are pretty good when it comes to this stuff, thats where I always used to go for my SLI trouble shooting...

Sorry I couldn't help any more, I'll keep thinking of ideas tho :)

Wow, looking through my records, I spent $200 on my 4600+.

*EDIT* I also spent $60 on 512MB DDR2

Don't feel bad, I stumbled upon an old recipt and I paid 234$ for my X2 4200 and a healthy amount on a 2x 512 DDR2 OCZ Platinum memory kit :O