Sign in to follow this  
Kingfisher

Amd Phenom Ii

Has anyone bought one of these yet?

Do they compare//run with/beat the Intel I7's?

they have a review posted in the announcements and it doesnt look to bad...I read it...seems much better than the prior Phenom

I honestly believe this Phenom would be neck and neck with the current i7 if the i7 hadnt incorporated the tri-channel memory controller...thats the biggest advantage over the cpu...

if AMD had done the same or even 1up'd and went 4-way they'd be on top with this chip...the performance is there but the bandwidth isnt...yet

I just read the Tom's hardware article and to be honest, It's embarassing that AMD just can't get it right.

They are like your little brother who wants to tag along.

Cute but annoying. :closedeyes:

What in gods name are you talking about? AMD did get this right and did a darn good job.

I honestly believe this Phenom would be neck and neck with the current i7 if the i7 hadnt incorporated the tri-channel memory controller...thats the biggest advantage over the cpu...

if AMD had done the same or even 1up'd and went 4-way they'd be on top with this chip...the performance is there but the bandwidth isnt...yet

:withstupid: Personally I cant wait until an AM3/DDR3 ready based system is put side by side against a Core I7.

What in gods name are you talking about? AMD did get this right and did a darn good job.

If you call finishing second in a 2 man race "doing it right" remind me to ignore your reviews.

I was thinking the same thing after looking at the reviews. The new phenom did very well in most applications and beat the i7 in games about half the time. The processor is only $250 and the motherboards are really cheap. Even the overclocking doesn't seem that bad on them.

If you call finishing second in a 2 man race "doing it right" remind me to ignore your reviews.

For some ppl second place is good enough.. with money left for other things.

For some ppl second place is good enough.. with money left for other things.

So is 3rd with a Q6600 which is cheaper than the AMD.

When you cost half as much and perform 90% as well...yes, that's for damn sure doing it right.