ClayMeow

Apple Introduces New Laptop With No Keyboard!

I am quite intelligent and very technically inclined and yet I hate apple. :P However, the difference is I have reasons and know why I don't like them. lol

Exactly!

I beg to differ, most people believe that apple is the best thing since sliced cheese. And they are so annoying, because they just keep talking about what the can do on Macs. And they are so ingnorant because anything you can do on a mac you can do on a PC.

Also true. Mac fans are the worst (usually). But responding to their irrational love of Apple with an irrational hatred doesn't help. Apple has many downsides and there are fair arguments against them, but you don't see them often. People just bash instead of taking the time to point out flaws and discuss them intelligently, and that's usually because they don't actually know what those flaws are.

I think this argument can be summed up like this:

Don't be irrational, have reason behind your hatred or love. And if you are irrational, you probably shouldn't be around PC's (the mac or windows variant) anyways... :D

edit: I know from semi personal experiance what an irrational being can do to a pc (just ask my fiance's old laptop what my drywall tastes like)...

They actually made it look convincingly real.

Well when I was watching it the first time I thought it looked real until they got to the part were they said it took some guy 45 minutes to write an email then something stopped making sense plus at the end they made a comment about how Macs don't actually do any real work is the part that should have set something off because usually reviewers don't say things like that.

I personally don't like macs due to the fact that

There hardware is over priced.

You can't build a Mac (No flexibility).

If a peace of hardware breaks in the Mac you usually can't just replace it you have to send it out or take it to an Apple store and pay an expensive repair charge.

Plus I don't like Mac superiority attitude that most people get with owning a mac.

When I look at it Apple walks a fine line because if there Macs started to get a significant portion of the market share in PCs people would start attacking Macs with viruses/spyware and then Apple loose its title of being a secure operating system and then there's really no point to buy a Mac anymore or if they ever changed there EULA to allow OS X to be installed on virtual machines a lot of people would just buy a copy of OS X install it on there VM and thus loose Apple a lot of money by not buying there expensive Macs.

... people would start attacking Macs with viruses/spyware and then Apple loose its title of being a secure operating system ...

Speaking of secure I know about 5 lines of console commands to assume admininstrator on any Apple in existence hahaha. i love locking out admins on the school mac's (that's about the most fun I have on them :lol:)

What kind of work can you do on a mac that can't be done on a pc for cheaper?

Theoretically nothing, but that's not the point. Back in the day, the performance in applications such as Photoshop was better on Macs. That has since changed, but many people's perceptions haven't necessarily.

Ya pretty much everything you do on a Mac can be done on a PC. But the thing is not all Programs that run on a Mac will run a PC and a lot of people have gotten attached to Mac only programs like IWorks, Ilife, IWeb which only work on Mac. There are programs out there for PCs that can do the same things as those programs out for Macs but many people have gotten so use to using the Mac only software that they don't change back because they feel it would be pain to relearn everything on a new program plus there is a perception out there (like said before) that Macs are just better in that field so that is part of the reason why you haven't seen people switch to PCs.

Ya pretty much everything you do on a Mac can be done on a PC. But the thing is not all Programs that run on a Mac will run a PC and a lot of people have gotten attached to Mac only programs like IWorks, Ilife, IWeb which only work on Mac. There are programs out there for PCs that can do the same things as those programs out for Macs but many people have gotten so use to using the Mac only software that they don't change back because they feel it would be pain to relearn everything on a new program plus there is a perception out there (like said before) that Macs are just better in that field so that is part of the reason why you haven't seen people switch to PCs.

Of course Mac apps don't work on the PC, and vice versa. Yes, there are apps for the PC that will do the same as apps on a Mac, and there are Mac apps that will do the same thing as a PC (see how that worked?). Heck, you could even throw Linux and BSD into the mix.

Most people don't switch from a Mac to a Windows system because they simply don't want to or have no reason.

iPhone application development. :D

Most people don't switch from a Mac to a Windows system because they simply don't want to or have no reason.

Or because they are flat broke from buying their mac teehee.gif

Of course Mac apps don't work on the PC, and vice versa. Yes, there are apps for the PC that will do the same as apps on a Mac, and there are Mac apps that will do the same thing as a PC (see how that worked?). Heck, you could even throw Linux and BSD into the mix.

While that is true expect for gaming Macs can almost do everything PCs can.

The point is though for the price you pay for a Mac you can buy or build a very nice PC which will probably be able to out preform the Mac plus other benefits.

While that is true expect for gaming Macs can almost do everything PCs can.

Hmm... I play games on my Mac... other people I know with Macs play games as well.

The point is though for the price you pay for a Mac you can buy or build a very nice PC which will probably be able to out preform the Mac plus other benefits.

I paid $500 for my Mac. I have also upgraded the memory and the hard drive... seams like I remember someone saying earlier that you couldn't upgrade the hardware in a Mac. Granted, you do not have as much control over the hardware, but you can indeed upgrade it.

Yes, Mac hardware is generally more expensive. So what? You are acting like this is some new and grand discovery that you have just made.

And if you look at the cost for OS + Office suite, the money I'll save upgrading all my systems to the next version of OSX & iWork compared to Windows+Office will more than pay for another Mac.