Occ Wants You To Join Our Folding@home Team!

Nemo

My VM setup has been acting weird and hasn't put out any points yet. Apparently you have to set different machine ID's. Silly me forgot about that since I was using VM.

Does anyone know how to set affinity for ATI GPU clients. I searched around google and could only find something for nvidia.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My VM setup has been acting weird and hasn't put out any points yet. Apparently you have to set different machine ID's. Silly me forgot about that since I was using VM.

Does anyone know how to set affinity for ATI GPU clients. I searched around google and could only find something for nvidia.

If you mean the -gpu# flags, I don't know if they're required anymore or not. I have a client on each of the 8800M GTX cards in my laptop and each of the 4870 cards in my desktop. Neither one had the -gpu# flag.

If you mean the -gpu# flags, I don't know if they're required anymore or not. I have a client on each of the 8800M GTX cards in my laptop and each of the 4870 cards in my desktop. Neither one had the -gpu# flag.

I don't think that is the same thing. Affinity deals with locking its cpu usage to one core.

There's a pinned thread here in the OCC Teams section for the Folding Affinity Setter that AJW256 programmed :) It really is a nifty tool, I have been running it ever since :)

Now I don't know if it works for ATI clients as well, but if it doesn't, be sure to PM AJW256 and he'll sort something out for you, same as he did for me when I asked him :)

There's a pinned thread here in the OCC Teams section for the Folding Affinity Setter that AJW256 programmed :) It really is a nifty tool, I have been running it ever since :)

Now I don't know if it works for ATI clients as well, but if it doesn't, be sure to PM AJW256 and he'll sort something out for you, same as he did for me when I asked him :)

yep it does work for the Ati Clients also. I run it to make sure the GPU client had priority over the vmwares as the default its lower and its important to keep it on top.

Just an update on the contest for you guys.

I will personally be giving a E8500 CPU and prob a video card or two.

Thermaltake and Coolermaster are in. NZXT and Inwin are going to be giving up some prizes as well.

I am working on some Nvidia based video cards aswell. So this is just a little update so you guys no what to expect.

I am still shooting for Feb 15th as the start of the contest.

I am still shooting for Feb 15th as the start of the contest.

Push it back a week... Pretty please? My spring break starts Feb 21 and I need to set up some more rigs. By the way, what will the contest be, largest point increase?

Man I keep repeating myself. :rolleyes:

THIS CONTEST IS NOT BASED ON THE MOST AMOUNT OF POINTS OR THE MOST WU'S COMPLETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There will be prob a prize or two extra for the guys that run farms but that will be it.

No I am not entered sheesh :rolleyes:

Just going to be random

Push it back a week... Pretty please? My spring break starts Feb 21 and I need to set up some more rigs. By the way, what will the contest be, largest point increase?

Just so bosco doenst have to repeat himself :D