Doctor Who - The Next Doctor [spoilers]

d3bruts1d

No clue when it will officially air in the US, but I just finished watching the 2008 Doctor Who Christmas special, The Next Doctor.

Prior to the episode airing, they had really driven a lot of sites crazy with speculation as to if this was actually going to be the Next Doctor. Thankfully it wasn't. :D I do wish they'd gone into more detail about the Cyber-Shades. You only see them a couple of times, but no real information as to what they are or how they became what they are. They certainly didn't move like Cybermen.

At any rate, I think it was a good episode... and one of the better "specials". The giant steampunk Cyberman was cool, I wouldn't mind seeing it again. :D

Rumor is the next special, Planet of the Dead, is set to air in the UK around Easter. I doubt the US will get it, or any of these episodes, before Christmas '09. :( Also, out of the 4 upcoming specials, the Doctor's daughter is suppose to be in one of the episodes, don't think it is the Easter episode. I was surprised we hadn't seen her sooner.

And if you hadn't heard, the real, next doctor has been announced. He's younger than most of the people on this forum. :lol: I guess BBC is trying to attract a "new generation" of viewers to the show. I'm still sad to see Tennant leave.

Offtopicly ontopic

I've never seen the new one before (I used to watch Doctor Who (Doctor Four - Tom Baker FTW!!) on PBS all the time at 1am back in the day), I see it on BBC America all the time but I never really feel like watching it (looks rather good though).

Yes I double parenthesized...

Edited by Andrewr05

I hate to see David Tennant leave as well, that man does a cracking job as the doctor. The new bloke looks like he has some potential though, so we'll just have to see how he does. Gotta love Doctor Who :)

The new doctor went to my local university and studied creative writing. Apparently, according to people who know him, he's a little odd :lol:

Also, according to a die-hard Doctor Who fan I know (obsessive to the level where it's actually quite worrying, he dresses like the Doctor, works in a Doctor Who shop and everything :O) he's not going to be very good.

I'd care if I liked the show, but I don't :P

Offtopicly ontopic

I've never seen the new one before (I used to watch Doctor Who (Doctor Four - Tom Baker FTW!!) on PBS all the time at 1am back in the day), I see it on BBC America all the time but I never really feel like watching it (looks rather good though).

Yes I double parenthesized...

The correct form is like this {grammar (cop) lol}

Edited by Krow