Asus Vendor On Gpuz

hi guys, there is something odd about my xfx 9800gt. GPUZ shows that my card vendor is asus and also the driver cd supplied with the does not work. it says 'the vga detected seems not xfx's product. please go to www.nvidia.com to get the driver for the other nvidia vga'

gpuzxp1.jpg

w800.png

i dont really have an issue with this but hoping if there is a solution for this problem

i'm using the card on M3N78 EMH HDMI asus mobo

Edited by panjang110

GPU-Z doesn't lie...

BUT How about this...

I disgruntled XFX employee quits his job to go work for ASUS, but before doing so he has all the cards bios' flashed with ASUS bios' to stick it to XFX ?!? no? How about someone bought that card and flashed to bios to an ASUS one, only then to return the card shortly after for other unrelated problems ?!?

If you really care about the vender name that GPU-Z shows, you could just download NVFlash, and the XFX Bios for 9800GT and do it yourself... but...this voids your warranty. You could also contact GPU-Z to make sure that the program isn't having problems with XFX cards (maybe it sees XFX on the 9800GT because thats how it was programed) then contact XFX to see what's up...

Personally if the card works I wouldn't really let it bother me! You should download drivers from nVidia anyway when ever you purchase a new card because mostlikely there will have been many revisions from the time they package the disk to purchase/install...