Fan Controller?

So I won my NZXT Tempest from OCC (that's right, be jealous) and read that it comes with SIX fans. My Antec 300 has three fans (came with two) and I don't think the ones in the Tempest have speed control, and I would also like to be able to control it from the front of my case.

Can someone tell me about fan controllers and how they work?

Can someone point me to a good one (I saw that some have blue LED's, would like those)?

I know it's a lot of questions, but there's only one more... :rolleyes:

The fans in the Tempest are using molex connectors, but I think that fan controllers have the 3-pin thingy connector... what to do?

Thanks to whoever answers/helps me out! :thumbs-up:

So I won my NZXT Tempest from OCC (that's right, be jealous) and read that it comes with SIX fans. My Antec 300 has three fans (came with two) and I don't think the ones in the Tempest have speed control, and I would also like to be able to control it from the front of my case.

Can someone tell me about fan controllers and how they work?

Can someone point me to a good one (I saw that some have blue LED's, would like those)?

I know it's a lot of questions, but there's only one more... :rolleyes:

The fans in the Tempest are using molex connectors, but I think that fan controllers have the 3-pin thingy connector... what to do?

Thanks to whoever answers/helps me out! :thumbs-up:

i have a fanmate 2 made by zalman - just a simple knob to speed or slow fan down.. i just do it by ear... so u cant hear it as much - simple and fit easily

That's for one fan and I am certainly not going to use six of those.

I have seen ones that are in the drive bay area and have many more inputs.

Edited by Krow

That's for one fan and I am certainly not going to use six of those.

I have seen ones that are in the drive bay area and have many more inputs.

true enough...

check this

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/136404

my g/f's Dad has this on his rig

the knobs are clear and have BLUE LEDs under

looks good!

Edited by gustie

i got the sunbeamtech fan controller... if u turn i clockwise it will switch the fan on... and if u turn it anti clockwise it will slower it down and switch it off.. :)

Look at this one. However it can only control up to 5 fans, sorry.

I was looking at that and it did catch my eye, but it's out of my price range. I'm not spending over $50 for a fan controller that doesn't even support all of my fans. Thanks anyway.

Just wondering, what do you guys think of this Zalman unit? It looks pretty basic, but I don't appreciate the last two "knobs" on this one, even though it looks plenty nicer. Any thoughts?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Krow

the NZXT fan controller is nice....

I have a Chromatic Windmill and they are also nice but I think it only does 5 fans...still nice though...I really like it as it auto ramps the fan speed with temps...with 3 thermal probes...

I was looking at that and it did catch my eye, but it's out of my price range. I'm not spending over $50 for a fan controller that doesn't even support all of my fans. Thanks anyway.

but I don't appreciate the last two "knobs" on this one, even though it looks plenty nicer. Any thoughts?

Yeah that's true the last two one are odd. I would take the first one you showed, even if it's $10 more expensive.

Just wondering, what do you guys think of this Zalman unit? It looks pretty basic, but I don't appreciate the last two "knobs" on this one, even though it looks plenty nicer. Any thoughts?

Thanks. :)

I use a similar unit the ZM-MFC1, its about 2 years old and works like a charm for me so far.

I use it to control my 3 case fans and my tuniq.

Yeah that's true the last two one are odd. I would take the first one you showed, even if it's $10 more expensive.

I'm thinking that I'm going to go ahead and make a purchase on that one. The Tempest already looks crazy enough :rolleyes: