Amd Guy Needs Help In The Intel Arena

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the DDR2 800 would work fine, I think 1066 would be better for a quad. I am not sure about this, so let the experts tell you the truth :)

i tend to agree with dark....imo the dual would work excellently with the ddr2 800...good match-up...!! :withstupid:

we shell see when AMD finally bring out the CPUs and the platform as a whole. on the finical note I read somewhere maybe Bit tech that AMD brought out ATI while in the deep *** they was in and the gamble worked. you might wanna take a look at that I can't rember were I seen it

I think the e8500 has the best bargain for new intel dual cores (it's like 10-15 dollars more than a e8400, why not?) and I think the Q6600 would be better than a q9400 or Q9300 because i think it'd be stupid to skimp out on that precious cache (yes that's why I don't recommend the e7XXX's either). If you can afford it, I'd get a q9550 (which like the e8400/e8500 case, is marginally more expensive than the q9450). But for the money the q6600 is a great quad.

There was an OCC preview on the Phenom II's and they were actually decent. They were comparable (in terms of overclocking and performance) equal to Intel's 45nm line (i7 excluded). If they are priced low they can actually get quite a beat-down on Intel. That'd be good, because then Intel would be king of performance, but AMD would still be doing well.

There was an OCC preview on the Phenom II's and they were actually decent. They were comparable (in terms of overclocking and performance) equal to Intel's 45nm line (i7 excluded). If they are priced low they can actually get quite a beat-down on Intel. That'd be good, because then Intel would be king of performance, but AMD would still be doing well.

Uh, all I saw in previews was that the Phenom II only beat the Q6600(Quad's only) and got beaten by all the Q9xxx and I7's <_<

Guest ajmatson
Uh, all I saw in previews was that the Phenom II only beat the Q6600(Quad's only) and got beaten by all the Q9xxx and I7's <_<

Don't always believe previews because they are usually incorrect. Those who have access to a Phenom II are under NDA and will not tell you anything until the time comes :)