Sign in to follow this  
RedOctober

4850 X2 1gb Version

Hey guys,just thought id post my good news

somehow a while ago i entered a competition with sapphire,i was entered into it when i registered my hd4870 toxics

And by some good luck,i won 1 of 7 that were up for grabs.so i thru the bad boy in my rig and i couldnt be happier

and for free i cant compain :thumbs-up:

Hey guys,just thought id post my good news

somehow a while ago i entered a competition with sapphire,i was entered into it when i registered my hd4870 toxics

And by some good luck,i won 1 of 7 that were up for grabs.so i thru the bad boy in my rig and i couldnt be happier

and for free i cant compain :thumbs-up:

sweet, congrats bro!

how's the performance compared with the two toxics?

sweet, congrats bro!

how's the performance compared with the two toxics?

he's apparently out gaming his butt off right now....!!....he'll get back to us.... :rolleyes:

he's apparently out gaming his butt off right now....!!....he'll get back to us.... :rolleyes:

ya, that could be good news for anyone who wants two nice video cards (or two people who want one good videocard). Assuming he likes the 4850x2 and would sell the 4870's

well ive been on cod4,codwaw,wow,ut3 and crysis and im pleased to inform you that the single card outperforms the toxics,not by a huge margin but it beats it out.

So im well pleased.Because i have always preferred single card solutions.The temps are pretty good to,its idling right now at 36c,and hits around 55c to 60c in game.

It was a total surprise when it turned up at the door this morning.Sapphire have got my vote. :thumbs-up:

well ive been on cod4,codwaw,wow,ut3 and crysis and im pleased to inform you that the single card outperforms the toxics,not by a huge margin but it beats it out.

So im well pleased.Because i have always preferred single card solutions.The temps are pretty good to,its idling right now at 36c,and hits around 55c to 60c in game.

It was a total surprise when it turned up at the door this morning.Sapphire have got my vote. :thumbs-up:

coolio!, you gonna save the toxics as backups? or sell them off for some free dough.

Also are those temps being reached with the fan set to auto, because that's pretty fantastic if that's auto setting.

One of them has gone to a friend,the other is on ebay as we speak.I have an old hd3850 as a back up if anything breaksdown.As for the temps

ive just left the fan control up to the software,I havnt changed any thing except the clock speeds which are in my sig.

Edited by RedOctober

One of them has gone to a friend,the other is on ebay as we speak.I have an old hd3850 as a back up if anything breaksdown.As for the temps

ive just left the fan control up to the software,I havnt changed any thing except the clock speeds which are in my sig.

Nice. I'm quite impressed by it's temps then, does it spool up to pretty loud under load or no? The cooler on those seems to be pretty serious

its a little louder than than most cards ive owned but its not to bad,when it ramps up as the heat gets higher it does get louder.

Thats to be expected with 2 fans strapped in.

But its totally acceptable,i game with a headset so it dont bother me anyway.its a mean set of fans on it,and the build quality is

top notch.The black body is solid aluminium.its just a top card all round.

its a little louder than than most cards ive owned but its not to bad,when it ramps up as the heat gets higher it does get louder.

Thats to be expected with 2 fans strapped in.

But its totally acceptable,i game with a headset so it dont bother me anyway.its a mean set of fans on it,and the build quality is

top notch.The black body is solid aluminium.its just a top card all round.

ya I'm not one to complain about noise. i run my computer 24/7 with both Scythe fans running full speed on my heatsink, I figure if I can sleep with my computer than it's acceptable to me.

As long as it cools well then I'm happy

ya I'm not one to complain about noise. i run my computer 24/7 with both Scythe fans running full speed on my heatsink, I figure if I can sleep with my computer than it's acceptable to me.

As long as it cools well then I'm happy

Agree,i dont run mine 24/7 but i dont mind if its a little loud,its cool and performance is awesome.what more do you need.

and it was free!