Antec 900 Vs 1200

Has anyone seen any reviews of the Antec 900 vs 1200 as far as stock cooling? I was wondering how much better, if at all the stock cooling is, before i shell out the cash.

Thanks in advace. :thumbs-up:

Has anyone seen any reviews of the Antec 900 vs 1200 as far as stock cooling? I was wondering how much better, if at all the stock cooling is, before i shell out the cash.

I haven't read anything that states one case cools better than the other, except I think I ran across one review on NewEgg about the Twelve Hundred and the person was kinda pissed that the Twelve Hundred was a lot more expensive than the Nine Hundred and it didn't make much of a difference cooling-wise. Then again, people complain for no reason on NewEgg a lot, so it's hard to judge whether this source would be accurate to listen to.

I bought my bro an Antec Nine Hundred for Christmas from NewEgg when they had Black Friday deals going on and picked it up for like $60. After I bought my bro's case, I picked up an Antec Twelve Hundred for myself for about $100. I spent the extra money over the more inexpensive Nine Hundred for my case because I wanted a large case...I didn't care if the larger case cooled better or not, just wanted a large case.

The smaller case may hold heat in more than the larger one...then again, it may not. If you like large cases, get the Twelve Hundred...if you can't stand computers the size of a small country, then get the Nine Hundred. I say, go with what fits your budget and what you think you like better. I liked larger cases so I got the Twelve Hundred and my bro liked the Nine Hundred & doesn't like super large cases.

Sorry if all this is no help.

Good hunting.

I got the Nine Hundred also and I must say it might not be as good as the twelve hundred it gets the job done and I haven't had any cooling issues at all. If your going for a mid level pc a nine hundred is fine, atleast for me.

The main reason I would buy a 1200 over a 900 is if you aren't a case modder (like me) and you don't want to drill holes in your casefor wire management like the 1200 has stock. Also, the 1200 is slicker looking, because it is painted inside. That's just my opinion. If you're a modder and like small cases, 900 is for you. If you're not a modder, and size doesn't matter, get the 1200.

It still has dust problems because of the the top and rear exhaust do not have dust filters like the front fans.

For example here's my top exhaust

Top1200.jpg

I know i should dust it :P

another thing that the 1200 has holes in it for cable management and painted inside.

Edit:The 1200 can hold 12 drives and the 900 9 drives hence there names.

Edited by Moroz123

You might want to take the Antec 300 in consideration as well.

A friend of mine has one and his only complaint is the top fan. It attracts a lot of dust. I'd set aside the Antec 900 and choose from either the 1200 or 300, but that's just me.

Have fun!

Edited by damian

Thanks for the input guys! :)

Yeah I thik I will wait untill the new 45nm Phenoms hit the shelves first. Then a new MOBo and processor will be cause to get a new Case :)

Guess while im waiting on my memory and processor now I will just get modding on my 900:) I have a lotta great ideas thanks to SoundX98's post and a few others 900 mod posts.

I have some of those HDD silencing mounts ordered and some DIY Molex power connecters. Was also thinking of getting a rubber stamp made (capasitor size) with either a FSU Spear or the FS emblem on the baseball hats for UV paint. This will be my first real attempt at Moding. I am real good with tools having been a carpenter Framer/Stain grade cabnet maker for 16 years. I have allways rewired and shielded all of my guitars so I'm pretty good with a soldering gun as well for extending short wires.

It still has dust problems because of the the top and rear exhaust do not have dust filters like the front fans.

For example here's my top exhaust

Edit:The 1200 can hold 12 drives and the 900 9 drives hence there names.

i think the top dont need dust filter coz it blows air out... right?

first thing i hate antec 900... antec 1200 is great coz of its style :) and plenty of area to work.... but too expensive... and the cable management is kickass!!