Case Fans

tekredsox

this reply if for SPARC I see you have the cosmos case .do you know how to take the front mesh panel off? answer to your question the noise doesn't bother me as long as it keeps the case cool .have heard alot of heat issues with the cosmos 1000 case. the fan i looked at was 14.99 at new egg silverstone 120mm 110 cfm. 2ball bearing.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this reply if for SPARC I see you have the cosmos case .do you know how to take the front mesh panel off? answer to your question the noise doesn't bother me as long as it keeps the case cool .have heard alot of heat issues with the cosmos 1000 case. the fan i looked at was 14.99 at new egg silverstone 120mm 110 cfm. 2ball bearing.

I have not really looked into taking the bottom of the mesh off in the front, with the HDD rack being there I haven't given it a second thought. I'm not really a modder though, sorry I couldn't be more of a help. I haven't noticed any heating issues with mine, although I could see it happening with improper fan setup or poor fan replacement.

You just have to check the CFMs

Those high speed fans they showed you guys linked are garbage. 88 CFM on a 120mm? I have seen nearly double that on a 120.

Here is one that I found. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835213006

150 CFM, 56.4 dB, $33

The one I linked may have half the airflow, but it's nearly silent and 1/10th the price. I could buy a giant box fan cheaper than that Delta fan.

First, why would you expect to run AND overclock a high performance processor and still have it silent. I know what loud is, my computer room is so loud, that you can't hear the vaccume when you turn it on. But I don't care, and my PC's run cool.

If you have a $200+ processor, don't you think it deserves a $30 fan?

And I am still willing to bet that your full box fan won't move more than 150 CFM.

Edited by Kuronin

First, why would you expect to run AND overclock a high performance processor and still have it silent. I know what loud is, my computer room is so loud, that you can't hear the vaccume when you turn it on. But I don't care, and my PC's run cool.

If you have a $200+ processor, don't you think it deserves a $30 fan?

And I am still willing to bet that your full box fan won't move more than 150 CFM.

http://www.air-conditioner-home.com/AirKing-9723/

Up to 2200 CFM for $40.

My Opty 170, which has 7 fans in it is nearly silent. It may have water cooling, but still has plenty of fans.

My Q6600 which I have yet to overclock, waiting for some AS5 and a Yate Loon, has 8 fans and I can't hear it over the TV at low volume. There is no reason that computers should be louder than vacuums, unless they are in a server room.

Up to 2200 CFM for $40.

My Opty 170, which has 7 fans in it is nearly silent. It may have water cooling, but still has plenty of fans.

My Q6600 which I have yet to overclock, waiting for some AS5 and a Yate Loon, has 8 fans and I can't hear it over the TV at low volume. There is no reason that computers should be louder than vacuums, unless they are in a server room.

lol that's awesome

I have two of these Scythe Ultra Kazes on my TRUE

you can get them for 10 dollars a pop

Specs (if you don't wanna click :lol:)

Type Case Fan

Compatibility Case

Fan Size 120mm

Bearing Type Sleeve

RPM 3000

Those high speed fans they showed you guys linked are garbage. 88 CFM on a 120mm? I have seen nearly double that on a 120.

Yeah and it sounds like a leaf blower, On new 45Nm stuff especially Dual core you dont need much cooling at all compared to older computers, everything runs lower voltage and heatsinks have come a long way.

If your going to all out OC then yes a couple of 150+CFM fan is nice to have, as long as you dont have to be in the same room with it, lol.

For me with no other fans and an [email protected] with a Xigmatek S1283 stock fan I have decent temps and a quiet computer

Edited by SpeedEuphoria

Up to 2200 CFM for $40.

You are talking about different things price, noise, and CFM. I next to guarantee you that one high CFM fan will work just as well as those 7 other fans. That 2200 CFM fan, would be much louder, which also would not allow you to hear the TV.

And, you definitely spent much more on those 7-8 fans which would do the job of 1 or 2 high CFM fans.

Yeah and it sounds like a leaf blower, On new 45Nm stuff especially Dual core you dont need much cooling all compared to older computers, everything runs lower voltage and heatsinks have come a long way.

If your going to all out OC then yes a couple of 150+CFM fan is nice to have, as long as you dont have to be in the same room with it, lol.

For me with no other fans and an [email protected] with a Xigmatek S1283 stock fan I have decent temps and a quiet computer

First, the i7 runs really hot, especially when OC'd

And secondly, you are missing my point, while you have 4.3GHz on a quiet fan, You could have 4.5+ with a more powerful one.

And secondly, you are missing my point, while you have 4.3GHz on a quiet fan, You could have 4.5+ with a more powerful one.

Whats .2 Ghz?? nothing, just more stress as in more voltage and more noise. How can I enjoy movies when my computer sounds like a vacuum?

Anyway there is no right answer, it comes down to what you want and can tolerate as far as noise.

Edited by SpeedEuphoria

You are talking about different things price, noise, and CFM. I next to guarantee you that one high CFM fan will work just as well as those 7 other fans. That 2200 CFM fan, would be much louder, which also would not allow you to hear the TV.

And, you definitely spent much more on those 7-8 fans which would do the job of 1 or 2 high CFM fans.

You really should stop throwing out guarantees, because you have been right 0 times. The 7 fans I have in my Q6600 cost less than that 1 Delta. How is one fan going to be better than 7 fans placed throughout the case? I showed you a box fan with nearly 15 times the CFM of the Delta for a similar price. I'm aware it would probably not allow me to hear the TV, I was just pointing out the specs.