Computer And Gaming Desks

Kuronin

To find a cheep door go to your local trailer park and look in the dumpsters, you may find one in there that will work, but will defiantly have to be repainted. And I don't have any pictures of my old desk. That was nearly 4 years ago when I had that. My current desk is made out of laminated particle board and cost me maybe $30 to make, my father used to work at a particle board plant and could get it for almost nothing, I think the trim cost more than the wood did.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, your Phenom is literally 50x better than any CPU I've ever owned.

Don't get pulled into the FPS game, you can have just a much fun with a game/program with a system near its minimum specs as you can with a system tats recommended.

/rant

That's the problem, getting 11000 3dmarks isn't fun. Especially when everyone else gets much higher. Nor is it fun to play your favorite MMO at 10 FPS.

Mine cost me

I've been in the market for a new desk due to two factors:

1) My current desk is a small 4 footer with basically no space.

2) My youngest sister & her friend busticated the built in keyboard tray on it so there is a hole in the center of the desk. (It went from a rectangle to a U-shape.)

I have been searching everywhere online. Desks are expensive, not very durable, and most are not designed well (lack of storage, work space, etc.). I think I am going to jump on the wagon of people who make themselves a desk. Been thinking of 2x4s and countertop. I was going to use cabinets but they (like desks) are expensive and you don't get much for what you pay for. I have 4 computers to hook up and need a work area, so I think the homemade deal is the way to go (for me at least).

Don't be blinded by 3dmark scores, which MMO do you play and which video card do you have?

I play on a regular basis.

Atlantica Online, Battlefield 2142, and COD4

I also occasionally play Silkroad Online, C+C 3 Tiberium Wars, and Cabal Online.

I have a Sapphire 3870 OC'd to 900 core by 1300 mem.

To say something on topic:

I am going to build my own desk, I will start construction saturday, after I give you guys a special treat I am working on.

If anyone has any tips, speak now, the current plan is to sand a piece of 3/4" plywood as the top, then create a frame using 1"x3"s.

If you live near a University or College, check with their "physical plant" department...

I got a 250 LB 3' x 6' solid oak desk for FREE!!!

You can beat on oak all day with your fists- or a sledge hammer- and it won't phase it.

Oak and Oak veneer plywood are really easy to refinish too- sand, stain, & varnish/poly coat.