Computer And Gaming Desks

Kuronin

Heh, glass desks wont break if you punch them, just hurt alot, so i'd recommend them and some calming thoughts to get you out of the habit.

You wanna bet?

Wow, nice job tacohunter.

The only reason I don't want to use a table, is because I want it to look nice. So I may just go build one. I'll probably start off with a 1x3 frame and a sand down a 5/8 piece of plywood.

As for modding and soldering goes, my dad works as a defense contractor, and one day he brought home a actual lab workstation, It's really nice. 8 feet long with ESD grounds. I'll put up a pic when I get my camera back.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't make my desks (well, I assembled them, haha) but metal and MDF works for me and can hold multiple CRTs, cast iron speaker stands, and my 45kg (99 lb) main rig...

I don't hit my desks though, they just support an immense amount of weight (3 people have sit on my main desk a few years ago when the house I was living in was having a house party) - even though it's "rated" for 50 kg, it can hold more like 250 kg lol

crw22721333x1000gt5.jpg

Try to find an old kitchen countertop, make a base out of 2x4's. Also old doors work great too with the 2x4 base. My desk at my old house was a door that was sanded down and painted, the doorknob whole is perfect for running wires under the desk. One door could easily hold 2 systems.

Edited by slick2500

Try to find an old kitchen countertop, make a base out of 2x4's. Also old doors work great too with the 2x4 base. My desk at my old house was a door that was sanded down and painted, the doorknob whole is perfect for running wires under the desk. One door could easily hold 2 systems.

Now this I wanna see. Got a picture?

lol... tiny screen = Eee PC 1000H

Didn't see that.

Edited by Kuronin

Self made PC corner complete with drawers and cupboards (all full of PC related tat!).

gallery_32188_263_6723.jpg

...and my computer desk which I use for testing the power supplies! :blink:

gallery_32188_263_87003.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Edited by paulktreg

Yea, countertops or doors make great desks.

If you're not worried about looks just get 2 filing cabinets and a door, lay the door across the cabinets and "thar be yer desk!"

The office desk here is essentially a huge countertop sitting across 3 filing cabinets...

Edited by Andrewr05

Yea, countertops or doors make great desks.

If you're not worried about looks just get 2 filing cabinets and a door, lay the door across the cabinets and "thar be yer desk!"

The office desk here is essentially a huge countertop sitting across 3 filing cabinets...

Hmm not a bad idea.

PRO- I have a few filing cabinets around.

PRO- Cheap and easy quick fix

PRO- Lots of room

CON-I don't have a door to use

CON- Cabinets are gay

I made a custom 1.5" thick corner desk from rosewood and mahogany. This thing is solid as a rock and could easily hold over 150kg.

Mahogany is worth it's weight in gold.

I'm trying to save money to buy and i7.

THAT WAY I DON'T HAVE TO CRY MYSELF TO SLEEP EVERY NIGHT BECAUSE MY PHENOM SUCKS.

Dude, your Phenom is literally 50x better than any CPU I've ever owned.

Don't get pulled into the FPS game, you can have just a much fun with a game/program with a system near its minimum specs as you can with a system tats recommended.

/rant