Led Mod

I want to put some leds in my case but im not sure about the whatever that leds can handle, can u connect a couple of leds stratight to a molex connector or do u need a resister or what? :blink:

no you cant the voltages and currents are different. i got some 3.3v led sitting in my desk because i dont wanna bother with putting them in yet. however, you can but led kits online at places like xoxide.com or xpcgear.com, almost anywhere sells them premade with a switchand everything, happymodding!

Most leds sold online are 5mm 3.3V in a molex or as a cluster you'll need 470 ohm resistors soldered to the plus leg (the long one) minus leg goes directly to the ground(black) of the molex (with a wire of course lol)

i made a cluster of 4 leds back when i was a noob lol i know it looks sh..tty :P

But you get the idea you can add as much as you want this way ;)

Edited by kobalt

just for entertainment and passing on other info radio shack has a white led and it runs about $5 a bulb(actually a blue and yellow combination internally why it is so expensive) but if you put 2 "AA" batts and one or more led's with a 51ohm resistor it will blind the living **** outta anyone looking in its general direction I use these on my RC show car bodies (i race em) and they make a car look awesome and would be neat shining out the back of a comp case on the wall