Sign in to follow this  
Joey04

Software For Remote Control Of Pc

I am looking for software to remote control my PC from home when I go out of the country.

After searching this forum, I found a thread from years ago suggesting UltraVNC. Can anyone recommend this against anything else?

http://www.uvnc.com/

Thanks in advance!

i've tried logmein, and I hated it. I use Teamviewer. It can be run at startup, and when run on a computer, you can access it from any pc anywhere with the username and password. also, the client can be run off one of those U3 usb sticks, which comes in pretty handy when you aren't home to access your pc.

There's LogMeIn, Go2MyPC, a dozen VNC apps, and of course Microsoft's own Remote Desktop.

These days I use RDC @ Home, and Go2MyPC or RDC @ Work. Though in the past I was always fond of TightVNC.

I've found I like Radmin better than RealVNC and I think the performance is a lot better. It's not a free app though, if that is what you're looking for.

. wrong type of remote :D

Edited by cirro

+1 for Radmin. We use this at work and I use it myself too, what I like is it's simple to use interface.

I currently use free LogMeIn client, anyone know if there's any clients that will work on both Windows Mobile and Windows 7 (so I could Remote Control my main computer from my phone?)

One more vote for Teamviewer. I use it on my network and to keep my dad's puter up to snuff 200 miles away.