Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (ps3)

d3bruts1d

Picked up Uncharted: Drake's Fortune last week as one of my first PS3 games. Prior to getting this game, I hadn't heard much about it... or any PS3 game for that matter. However, Sony was bundling the game with the PS3 and the packaging looked cool... so I picked up the game, and I'm quite happy that I did.

The game has a mix of Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia. You scale walls, jump from ledges, swing from vines all while avoiding traps, and enough bad guys that'd make you think you were taking on a whole country... as you get closer to the end of the game you encounter a couple of spooky areas that reminded me a lot (scene and story) wise of Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

The story is very good, and really draws you in with the added help of some nice cut scenes.

Every now and then you'll get some backup from one of two different characters. I could have certainly used their help far more often, as I found myself dying constantly from nades and automatic fire... later in the game, you'll encounter laser sited snipers... my one word of advice would be to take out the snipers first otherwise life will be hell. :P

If you own a PS3, I'd highly recommend getting this one. Keep an eye out for the hidden treasures as well, out of 60 I only managed to find 43. Grr

Also, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves has been announced, and a trailer can be found here.

I played but, never got into it. It was a good game though. I highly recommend you pick up Metal Gear Solid 4 and LittleBigPlanet. You can probably get an used MGS4 copy pretty cheap since its been out for so long.

And keep an eye on Killzone 2, it's looking good. It's dark, gritty with a mix of CoD 4 and Battlefield 2142. Has the best graphics out of all console games so far.

Edited by Krazyxazn

Why do I feel like I've already played this game????

I know that Sully is suspected of double-crossing to keep hold of a map or artifact or something... was there a PC demo or was this out on PS2? Oh... maybe I played the PS3 demo... that would make sense lol

Why do I feel like I've already played this game????

I know that Sully is suspected of double-crossing to keep hold of a map or artifact or something... was there a PC demo or was this out on PS2? Oh... maybe I played the PS3 demo... that would make sense lol

Nope, it was a PS3 exclusive, so ya must have played the demo. Came out in late 2007.

Nope, it was a PS3 exclusive, so ya must have played the demo. Came out in late 2007.

Ye, it was only released on PS3, and it is such an amazing game. It's one of those games that you'r not sure if to pick it up or not. But I am soooo glad I did, it's bl00dy brill :thumbs-up:

My Review

Graphics - 9.5

Sound - 9.5

Gameplay - 9

Story - 9.5

Overall - 9.4/10

I love this game I am definately looking forward to the sequel, I have gone through and collected all of the trophies, Have you tried it on the really hard mode yet?

No, Medium was painful enough. I'm still upset that I didn't get all the treasures... I'll probably reply again to see if I can find the ones I missed... and to see how many people I can actually take out with a brutal attack. :D