Asus P5k Se/epu Vmod

The mod is now working! My vdroop was drastically reduced!

I used a 2b pencil to finish the work :rolleyes:

THANK YOU!

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked out for you. :thumbs-up:

EDIT (added because of relevance):

Hello my friend!!!!

-You know what is the best bios for a overclock?

-You know if any bios version have a north bridge voltage setting?

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately you can't adjust the NB voltage on these boards no matter what. The reason is because of some limitations in the P35 chipset, and this is partly why it is limited in the FSB speed. As for bios I am using the 0501 version, which seems to work better than the 0304 I was using before. I had skipped the 0401 bios because it was glitchy. Depending on which stepping of proc (e.g. C0, E0 etc.) you have you may not get a stable 4GHz at a low enough voltage to have safe temperatures. I think I had to bump mine up to 1.4v (C0 stepping) and the temp was just way too high so I run with a daily oc of 3.8. Also I would like to recommend using IntelBurn test to check for stability, since it is more intense and quicker than prime95 and the like. Hope that helps to shed some light on things.

Edited by ocmooz

i just did this MOD and it was really Cool,,, but theres one problem.. i hope you guys can help me...

here it goes..

my VDROP was 0v

i ran OCCT V2.0.1 for 2Hrs30Min and it was STABLE...

my system is running @

E8400 @ 4.32GHz (480FSBx9) @ 1.400V (bios)

----1.368 @ CPU-z (No Load & Full Load) bec its 0% Vdrop

sometimes or often times i get BSOD... my RAM Modules are perfectly fine @ 2.20V 5-5-5-15 Team elite 800MHz 2x2gb

anyone here can advice me?

my Overclock Charge is 0.7V and 0.57x

NB @ 400MHz

transaction booster disable

the only wrong procedure i did was not using HB2 Pencil... i only use ROTRING HB 12 LEAD Mechanical pencil... anyone pls help me im so desperate in this cool mod... thanks in advance

i just did this MOD and it was really Cool,,, but theres one problem.. i hope you guys can help me...

here it goes..

my VDROP was 0v

my system is running @

sometimes or often times i get BSOD... my RAM Modules are perfectly fine @ 2.20V 5-5-5-15 Team elite 800MHz 2x2gb

NB @ 400MHz

the only wrong procedure i did was not using HB2 Pencil... i only use ROTRING HB 12 LEAD Mechanical pencil... anyone pls help me im so desperate in this cool mod... thanks in advance

here it goes..

my VDROP was 0v

my system is running @

NB @ 400MHz

Its not the mod, but more likely your settings. Try shooting a bit lower next time while overclocking. Also it would be nice if you could read the rules and not hijack someones post in an attempt to seek help. Best of luck GreenThing.

• 11 months later...

just wanted to sign up and post a big thank you for the great work on the mod. In the BIOS I set it at 1.4125, but in cpu-z it was stated as running 1.328.....that's a huge difference. I have an e6300 on it and I couldn't push past 3.2, After the pencil mod, I'm now at 3.4 and still going. The reading in cpu-z is now 1.392, which is way better and seems to make my system more stable. The temps are up, but still at 56 under full load. I can accept that.

Thanks again!

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the great information!

Here are my results- Measuring with a multimeter, I was able to find the resistance of the marked part to be 17k before the mod. I tried several times, and was only able to get it down to ~5k with a HB pencil (didn't have a #2 but colored several times). The goal was to get it down to ~1K, however I was unable to do that.

Pre-mod resistance: 17K

Post-Mod: 5K

Pre mod Vdroop: 0.102V

Post mod Vdroop: 0.021V

Net change: reduced Vdroop to 20.6% of original value!

I'm also going to put a piece of electrical tape over the resistor to increase the amount of time before I have to re-graphite the resistor.

For ~15 minutes of work, this made a very nice change!