Vibration Makes Me _ _ _ _ _!!!!

abid

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

While quite funny (got real old after the 1st page), this kind of stuff gives OCC a bad image....

There is nothing wrong with your fans, unless you can feel it SUBSTANTIALLY through the case, then dont worry about it.

While I agree with Andrewr05's sentiment, Nesbaum's theory of lubracisisositty proves that Llama dung is the most efficient heat transfer compound known to date, as expressed in the formula P=(A-C^(log2)/M) where P is the difference in temperature, A is the ambient temperature, C is the coefficient of the viscosity of transference compound, and M is a jar of Mayonnaise. When you plug in all the information of Llama dung from www.llamapedia.com/dung/stats.htm you find that P = 42 thus proving that the world is Banana shaped.

@ sYstEmATiC - Shame on you for giving out bad advice. Everybody knows peanut butter will reduce vibrations. Hell, they use it on the space shuttle to protect sensitive equipment during take off.

Peanut butter has nothing on Llama dung. Seriously...a few drops of that on your CPU, and you'll never have to worry about overheating again!

Yeah, where are your scientific diagrams proving how llama dung is a good thermal paste? :rolleyes:

Peanut derivatives are used to coat the nosecones on NASA shuttles. Their low drag coefficient and excellent heat dispersing properties make it the ideal candidate. Failed NASA shuttles had previously used cod liver oil, but the use of molasses to get the oil to bond, was questionable for health and safety. You all know about the Boston Molasses disaster, so I need say no more.

Yeah although this led to good time. Citizens organized the Boston Molasses Party :)

And so we should all march on and organise the official "OCC Great Peanut Butter Party".

It would be wholly appropriate for a start, and would be ace in general.

These guys lieing man there is no temp increase from vibration..... However it does make a lot of unwanted noise and the advice they offer for peanut butter is astoundingly effective for noise dampening and vibration reduction. I think the only thing superior to that of the peanut butter would be WD-40... Just make sure u don't get it on anything besides the fan or eventually (cus its silicone based) it will cause ur system to be unbootable due to the increase on insulation between components in your computer thusly rendering it useless unless u have a solvent like peanut butter to remove the WD-40.... Just be careful with that since it can tend to be messy.