Sign in to follow this  
abid

Whats Happening!!!

ok my cm 690 case got 7 fan... my TRUE got 1 fan.... this morning i add up one more fan to my TRUE.. then i swith on my computer and check the temps its the same!!! 44 42 39 39 on idle...... huh should i lap my cpu? how can i lower my temps without using the air con.... thanks!

that surprises you? really? once you have the air moving through your heatsink (unless you had some crap 20cfm fan on there before) your temps wont really go down by adding another fan... and besides, unless your room is an ice box you can't really expect any lower idle temperatures with the overclock you have.

wouldn't worry about it...anything under 70C should be just fine for a cpu :)

have you run stress tests? if not...perhaps you should set up prime95 before you go to bed, turn off your monitor, and if everything is okay when you get up around 8 hours or so later then you can be fairly certain that your system is stable and good to go. if you really wanna be sure it's stable, run prime95 for a full 24 hours :)

... Hm... Okay... I have a higher voltage with my Q6600 but I'm at just over 50 degrees at full load... Well I suppose there are loads of factors to consider; case, room temperature, etc.

Edited by Super_Maximo

Well, my Q6600 is only clocked @ 2.6GHz, and my pc is silent...only a slight noise from my GPU fan.

Temps change alot with my room temp.

Without heating on a cool day i get about 26-34*c idle, and when my room is warm/hot its more like 36-40idle.

Turning up the CPU fan gets it to about 25-30*c on a warm day. :thumbs-up: