14 Drive 500 Gig Hd Install!!!

gideon123

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes i have lots of different types and sizes of Zip ties but still 15 hard drives and multiple sata power splitters still seems too messy. its a tough job trying to keep it neat. i think um gonna have to make custom power splitters to reduce the amount a wiring. a real mess i tell u.. a real mess.

My NZXT doesn't have a plastic window to see the inside.. maybe i'll just not bother with all this wiring crap since u cant see the inside.. but for peace of mind and good air flow i really should to some major cable management.

i'll keep u all posted. i've yet to install my liquid cooling system. that should reduce some space.

thanks for the input.

that many drives have to be putting out some heat man you may want to get some beter airflow in there. This may help a bit. Custom power cables DIY SATA, 4 pin, and leads here at FrozenCPU

Why not set up a few hotswap bays? and archive some of that to cold storage LOL

• 2 weeks later...
that many drives have to be putting out some heat man you may want to get some beter airflow in there. This may help a bit. Custom power cables DIY SATA, 4 pin, and leads here at FrozenCPU

Why not set up a few hotswap bays? and archive some of that to cold storage LOL

The temp in the box is pretty good. no heat issues at all. i put a thermomter in the box.. getting 35 c.. not too bad. liquid cooling on the cpu will be installed this week. that might help. but i might go with a few hotswap bays.. reckons thats my best bet.