14 Drive 500 Gig Hd Install!!!

gideon123

I've got 2 -- AIO Raid5 , 4 ports ( 75 US each)

And I think its time to start trading in those 500 gig drives for 1 or 1.5 T

And yes all my SATA ports are now used up..

you could sell them in a huge lot on ebay or in pairs or something!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I would be looking to sell those 500s and buy some 1.5TB drives...

if you asked me i'd start off with 1TB drives, 1.5TB right now aren't too reliable right now but 1TB aren't as reliable as the 500GB line of drives but they are better than 1.5TB in my experience. i currently have 4TB space

Edited by Harima

if you asked me i'd start off with 1TB drives, 1.5TB right now aren't too reliable right now but 1TB aren't as reliable as the 500GB line of drives but they are better than 1.5TB in my experience. i currently have 4TB space

I've had no problems with my 1.5TB other than its not big enough.

i was working on a movie that went to 12tb! really insane if you ask me, those RED cameras that pump out 4k rez scare me lucky i didn't have to put out the space for storage because i'm poor.

you definitely need some cable management....

I always mock up a rig by installing all the hard part and then putting the PSU in last and spending the most time routing the wires....

for multiple sata power I use a splitter and use Zip ties and keep it tidy...good luck

you definitely need some cable management....

I always mock up a rig by installing all the hard part and then putting the PSU in last and spending the most time routing the wires....

for multiple sata power I use a splitter and use Zip ties and keep it tidy...good luck

Yes i have lots of different types and sizes of Zip ties but still 15 hard drives and multiple sata power splitters still seems too messy. its a tough job trying to keep it neat. i think um gonna have to make custom power splitters to reduce the amount a wiring. a real mess i tell u.. a real mess.

My NZXT doesn't have a plastic window to see the inside.. maybe i'll just not bother with all this wiring crap since u cant see the inside.. but for peace of mind and good air flow i really should to some major cable management.

i'll keep u all posted. i've yet to install my liquid cooling system. that should reduce some space.

thanks for the input.

:withstupid: Mine is working good so far, I have my info backed up to 2-500s though in case....

it's highly reported that there are high failure rates and excess overheating...just be careful. post back here if it dies within a few months to a year :O

it's highly reported that there are high failure rates and excess overheating...just be careful. post back here if it dies within a few months to a year :O

Computer has been running for a few days straight downloading various data.. Using HD Tune Pro and all of the drives show up 32 - 38c temps.. not bad i reckon.

According to HD tune the 1.5Tb is running 43c while my raptor 150 is running 45c...