Flashing Bios

dling

could someone give me a bit of info. on flashing my bios? i went to this link http://www.3dmaxx.net/articles/xtflash/ and downloaded all of the files. my card is built by ati, with samsung mem. i was able to save my old bios with no problem, but when i tried to flash w/ "ati.9800xt.256.samsung.bin " file i get an error message. my board has 128 meg. of ram, im not sure if thats the problem. also im aware of the consequences

that way accrue. thanks.

Edited by dling

You can't flash a 128MB pro to an XT. I'm pretty sure it can't be done either way, but you'd stand a better chance and flashing a 256MB Pro to an XT. Someone posted a topic / link not too long ago about it. You sure you wanna risk burning up that $300 card?

was'ent sure if the ram difference was the problem, the link i posted olny says 9800 pro. and nothing about ram amount. i thought it would something i was willing to try, not sure of any real benefit, already have card o/c to 420/375 seems stable in "call of duty" game so for , looking to upgrade vga as of now.

running balance, and application preference, in both settings @ 1024 x 768 res . just thought if i can have more with just flashing bios, why not? as i have written, im not sure if i gain anything at all, just felt like tring ,thats all. thanks.

gahhhhh!!!!

r350 is a different core from the r360 of the xt. the new core is designed to handle the extra heat and higher voltage. I don't suggest doing it.

besides, it's a total of 2% faster

2% is alot....because 2% 1ghz is 1.2ghz...thats a decent o/c=) but the actual difference from the 9800 pro and 9800xt is very very minimal...i run all my stuff a 1600x1200 16aa 8af still get 100fps on counter-strike=) with v sync on!!!! yes i o/ced my 9800 pro a lil...well a hell of a lot....but hey i like saying i got that extra 2% more then the rest of the pack even if the rest of the pack already has a 30% o/c ...

2% is alot....because 2% 1ghz is 1.2ghz...but hey i like saying i got that extra 2% more then the rest of the pack even if the rest of the pack already has a 30% o/c ...

No 2% is 1.02ghz (only 20mhz) which is neglegable OCing and not worth the damage, someone here flashed to a 9800AIW bios and got a few more mhz mem clock out of it. Mostly I don't see it as being worth it in the slightest.

this post started out with a link,http:"//www.3dmaxx.net/articles/xtflash/ " that says it can be done, if it can, i would like to know how, that was the original question. i did as instructed, but got an error message, if some wants to risk there card, "me" ! i should the one to worry about that, i understand what can happen , just thought it would be interesting to see if it could be done.

not expecting a lot in performance. already have my card o/c to "445.50 core/384.75 mem." just curcious.

2% is alot....because 2% 1ghz is 1.2ghz...thats a decent o/c=) but the actual difference from the 9800 pro and 9800xt is very very minimal...i run all my stuff a 1600x1200 16aa 8af still get 100fps on counter-strike=) with v sync on!!!! yes i o/ced my 9800 pro a lil...well a hell of a lot....but hey i like saying i got that extra 2% more then the rest of the pack even if the rest of the pack already has a 30% o/c ...

if you can overclock your card to 411 : 365 stable 24/7 then you can flash your BIOS just set your agp aperature size to 256mb(although it already should be at 256mb)... but its totally useless. there will be a big ZERO difference from 9800pro bios 411:365 to a XT bios 411:365... and you will not gain a better overclocking ability..... so its a totally pointless thing to do.

neg buddy...go back to pre-algebra one. :withstupid:

1000x.02=1020

1020=1200? nah.

but anyway, the r350 chip prolly can't withstand the voltage and heat as the r360. it may, but it'll shorten the life of it ALOT! prolly up to 6 months.