Sign in to follow this  
NCC10281982B

Does It Ever End?

I think we are getting close to a trillion, but this next stimulus package will definitely put us over the top. My great grandkids, grandkids, grandkids will still be paying for it 100 years from now.

No, it'll never end.

They'll never figure it out. We've already spent over a trillion dollars (and counting) to "thaw" the credit markets, and they are still frozen over to the point where auto manufacturers are having to close down operations. What an epic fail, and $1 Trillion very poorly spent.

Oh well, I voted. Now I'm just along for the ride. God speed.

Again the problem is one of unpredictability. Obviously those making the decisions aren't going to tell you they don't know what affect anything will have though.

There probably is an amount of money you could throw at the problems to remedy them, but whether that is one trillion or one hundred trillion is neither here nor there.

I'd like to see some more long term thinking.

The real problem is that all the money they keep throwing away to keep businesses afloat doesn't fix the problems that got them their in the first place. There needs to be fundemental changes in how businesses conduct business and how they finance their operations. They can't seem to accept that they might have to actually use real capital to pay for things other than using credit for day-to-day operations. I'm not sure when, but I think we'll hit a point where we will have to drastically reduce the use of credit and rely more on hard cash to get business done here in the U.S. and the rest of the world.

anarchy!!! seriously though..I dont see how this will benefit us in the long run...best to get a big crash over and done with now, rather than postponing it to when we're old or to the next generation. But sadly, most politics are only about the "short" long term.

Personally, I'd rather it happen now when I'm young, rather when I'm old and my knee hurts and I need surgery and I have no money.

There is a government bailout for the morgage & credit market, then there is a governement bailout proposal for the auto industry......at this rate, there will be a government bailout for the government. People in-charge have such huge egos (government official and business CEOs alike)......they fail to admit that they have no clue what they are doing and need to drastically change the way things work even if it means they take a pay cut to make ends meet & save normal employee's jobs. Seems like all these people running these corporations that are going under would rather go out of business than take a pay cut (which they wouldn't notice the pay cut with the size of the large wad of cash they make for a salary). The World is going straight to hell in a hand basket.

Unfortunately, too much of this is not about reviving our ailing economy but about keeping the right people happy. They don't call it politics for nothing -_-

Unfortunately, too much of this is not about reviving our ailing economy but about keeping the right people happy. They don't call it politics for nothing -_-

That is the whole truth, for many years, those that were successful were rewarded, now those are penalized, while the ones that are failing are now rewarded.

Used to be that if you wanted the government to stop spending money you would stop giving it to them. Somebody forgot to take away the government's credit card.