Xbox 360 Controller For Windows ??

oggie

Always been console gamer and have ps3 so now that have ok gaming system am wondering if its worth it to get one of those controllers for pc ??? Like the mouse and everything but just hate using keyboard.....cant remember those bloody buttons :rolleyes:

How does controller perform with games - are most games nowdays supported ??

Thanks for all your input :thumbs-up:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i bought one but i believe only windows live games are supported,other games won't work unless you use a program to config the controller

Ah thank you, most games are windows live nowdays amyways. Whats it like of games such as Fallout and Crysis ??

I've been using a Wireless Xbox controller with my PC for a long time now. A lot of newer games come already configured (especially console --> PC ports). For other games you might have to manually configure it in game. Most games with have options for controls, and it will be straightforward to setup the controller. Works great for racing games or anything else that game pad is better suited for. I still use my KB/mouse for FPS games though, works much better :)

I never used a controller for PC, since I'm not very good at aiming with joysticks. I'm pretty sure most games that you find on Xbox360, will support controllers on PC versions. As for the PS3 controller I think you have to do some mods or install certain drivers and software to get it to work. Was too much of a hassle so I never tried a PS3 controller even though I found it easier to aim with vs a 360 controller. But that's just me.

i bought one but i believe only windows live games are supported,other games won't work unless you use a program to config the controller

False. You probably know that these are plugged in the XBox using a USB port? Well, just plug it in your PC and Windows (Vista) will install the drivers automatically. So no need for a PC version, it's the same!!! (Except for the wireless one, there is a small USB receiver provided.)

In fact, I have one. I bought a wired XBox360 controller on Ebay and that did the trick. :P However, like the keyboard and mouse, it's not well suited to all games. I would not imagine playing COHOF with that...

But yet I've passed Assassin's Creed and Colin McRae Dirt with it. That was amazing. Now I'm looking forward to playing Lord of the rings: Conquest with it. :)

Thank you all, looks like it would be good investment then....will order.

Sorry to go of the topic, but The Smith....what are Lord of the ring games like (offline ones)....really liked the movies

you can just get the normal wired 360 controller and its the same, the difference you say? $30 and marketing. really its the SAME THING. get a 360 wired controller online for $20 and save yourself good money.

Thank you all, looks like it would be good investment then....will order.

Sorry to go of the topic, but The Smith....what are Lord of the ring games like (offline ones)....really liked the movies

Conquest is supposed to replicate all battles the the trilogy, including the small ones not even showed in the movies. :) Looks promising. Look at the trailers on the website I posted, you'll get a good idea :)

you can just get the normal wired 360 controller and its the same, the difference you say? $30 and marketing. really its the SAME THING. get a 360 wired controller online for $20 and save yourself good money.

are you saying that normal wired 360 controller will work with vista, i thought there is meant to be disc with it to work on vista. was looking to get wired one anyways ;)

Conquest is supposed to replicate all battles the the trilogy, including the small ones not even showed in the movies. :) Looks promising. Look at the trailers on the website I posted, you'll get a good idea :)

Nice one, will look into that :thumbs-up: