Would New Psu Help?

Okay, I'll start off by saying that I have not been having any problems with my current psu. However, I've noticed that it doesn't have the strongest +12V rail I've seen...It's a 400 Watt Achieve psu with 22A on the +3.3V, 32A on the +5V, and 13A on the +12V. Anyway, do you guys think that a new psu with a stronger 12V rail would help me overclock higher? I'm using every single power connector that the psu has right now, with some of them being split several ways. Also, my 12V rail tends to be rather high, usually just shy of 13V. (right now it's 12.992) Would I see a difference in my max overclock with a new psu?

my 12V rail tends to be rather high, usually just shy of 13V. (right now it's 12.992)

Whoa that is really high considering that you have a substantial amount of load on your 12V and it has a max of 13amps. Prolonged exposure to high/low voltages can lead to component failure. The industry standard for voltage fluctuations on power supplies is +/- 5%. The max for your 12v line should be 12.6volts. If this situation happens frequently, I would HIGHLY suggest getting a new power supply before your PSU kills your components.

Thanks for the reply...sorry for taking so long. Anyway, I got to looking at it and I realized that every voltage rail was off by a lot. I'm suprised I wasn't having instability or anything. Anyway, today I went and bought an Antec TruePower 430W, and It is awesome. It's tons quieter than my old one, and it hits the voltages dead on. Also, I compared the Antec to the other one, and I realized just how crappy the old one was.

I was just wondering...i know the whole +/- 5% thing, but you don't know that when you purchase one...but as far as amps go, how does that relate? like what are the minimum amps that should be on each line?

I was just wondering...i know the whole +/- 5% thing, but you don't know that when you purchase one...but as far as amps go, how does that relate?
Edited by kobalt

TT purepower are good ones too. not bad on the price either :D

thats what i was thinking about getting, 480wts for 61 bucks.

i dont trust what my voltage rail says anymore, if im in doubt i use a multimeter.

my 5v rail (not 5Vsb) reads 4.510-4.590 and i got out the multimeter and it reads 4.97-4.98 so you can see how i dont trust it. my 12v runs at about 12.280 most of the time but im having trouble when im putting powerful cards in and it still doesnt change, my multimeter says my 12 vt is 11.94 without the vc in.