Such A Waste

r3d c0m3t

Sony keeps screwing themselves right up the arse every time I think about the PS3, their latest software update, version 2.53 introduces a rather peculiar side-effect...

- One such side-effect being the system will not quit a game without restarting the system itself, as in it hangs every time and then forcefully restarts itself.

- Another one being if you attempt to access the XMB while playing a game and exit the XMB shortly thereafter the system will yet again hang.

- This is in addition to the first complaint, when you quit a game you'd might as well kill the power by flipping the On/Off switch to "Off" otherwise you'll have to wait a few seconds just for it to restart and do it the

"right" way...this is assuming you've taken the disc out of the slot loading tray. (I'm unsure whether or not it hangs without a game inside as I haven't tried nor care to.

- Seems to be a couple of audio-related problems as in said audio tends to fade in and then out.

The 360 might have the RROD, but I've never had such a software problem before. :glare:

I have had no end of problems with the 360 (had 5 in total), but i have had a ps3 for 6 months and have had no problems. My sugestion would be to contact sony about it as it seems to be a problem with just your system.

I'd doubt that as none of this happened until after the update. I swapped out the HDD and installed another which still had the previous update before the one released the 3rd of this month and it does everything perfectly.

Went back to the main HDD and the problems were there, it clearly hints at foul software.

:blink: If you went through 5 you're doing something wrong...

Wrong, Xbox 360's seem to get a lot of RROD's, I'm only on my second Xbox 360, but that is because I don't use it a lot anymore, it would probably die on me again if I used it a lot.

Wrong, Xbox 360's seem to get a lot of RROD's, I'm only on my second Xbox 360, but that is because I don't use it a lot anymore, it would probably die on me again if I used it a lot.

5 deaths from a single user suggests something is being done improperly.

5 deaths from a single user suggests something is being done improperly.

learn to read instead of just assuming you know the answer to something. I'm on my 3rd 360 and none of them were my fault. I know plenty of guys that have been through 3+ 360's and not a single one of them was user-fault.

If you'd bother to read, you'd realize that the early 360's simply overheated because of insufficient cooling, which is what happened to the first 2 I had. My roommate has one with an HDMI which also means it is a 65nm version, which doesn't overheat, and has never given him a problem. My 3rd one finally was replaced with a beefy heatpipe + 65nm process which = zero problems for me now as well.

On topic - my brother hasn't mentioned any problems with his PS3 but he mostly uses it for Blu-Ray movies instead of games.

off-topic-on - I'd buy a PS3 in a heartbeat if they'd lower the price to something competitive like $199. I could easily see myself buying one without a hdd for $199 since it is not even close to the asswhip involved with upgrading hdd's on the 360 (either raping yourself of $135-$200 for 120GB hdd w/transfer kit, or hacking the firmware etc)

Edited by Angry_Games