Led Diagnostic Lights?color Changeable?

i have three red led diagnostic lights on my mother board thats all good couse i want to go with a red/black theme(ATI)but my mother board has green uv sensitive agp/pci ect... slots i wasn wondering if it is possible to change the color of the diagnostic lights on my mb(i wanted to change the color of my agp/pci slots but thier not removable and i dont like the idea of paint)i want to change the color to green to mach my mb agp/pci slots.

i dunno i have 4 red ones on my board but i dont feel like sodering, voiding the waranty, and not being able to get it fixed if i make a mistake. if your evperienced with that sort of thing then i saw go out and get some leds that match the voltage/current and soder away. good luck!

basically what he said. You can swap them out if you have the guts, but is it really worth it? I understand it is frustrating to have some lights that don't match, but you will void every chance you have at a repair/replacement for that board. Plus, unless you are experienced at soldering, working on a motherboard is risky business. I'd just think real hard about wether you are willing to risk $100+ dollars for 3 little LED's.

Maybe you could color them somehow, or just find a way to black them out. I have a green LED on my motherboard that I colored over with some black ink. I left just a small spec on the top uncolored, so it can still serve it's purpose as a diagnostic tool.

I wouldn't try a solder iron on a mobo they are all plastified over or something and the welds are done with machine a bit too hot and you'll melt some other weld or bridge them together= bad idea

Why dont you try a hobby shop for glass paint like the one used for stained glass ask the clerk what color to get with the color you have that will give the color you want they'll know ;)

Edited by kobalt