Ati And Hdtv's

CheeseMan42

Does anyone who has a 4800 series ATI card have an HDTV as a second monitor? I'm trying to set mine up and my card won't detect it no matter what I do. My old 6200 detected as soon as it was plugged in. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think it'll be able to work as a secondary if you're connecting via component because of the port, but if you're just hooking it up using the second dvi port to either vga/dvi/hdmi you should be fine...

More info plz!

Didn't have any trouble with mine either... I used the that dongle thing tho with the RGB at first... then I got an hdmi cable..... which released a whole slew of more desirable resolutions including being able to detect what my tv was capable of displaying. So what are you trying. Component?

I have a 3850 that works just fine with my HDTV. Like the others have said, we need more information before we can help you, most important being what type of connection you're using.

I don't think it'll be able to work as a secondary if you're connecting via component because of the port, but if you're just hooking it up using the second dvi port to either vga/dvi/hdmi you should be fine...

More info plz!

I suppose I forgot to mention that I was using a DVI to HDMI cable. Thought I put that in there.

I don't have any problem with mine. What connection are you using?

It works now. For some reason it didn't like the first HDMI port on my TV. Port 2 works fine though.

Yea, DVI to HDMI can be finicky. You just gotta show the TV a little love :lol:

Hitting it usually helps. :P

In all reality it shouldn't be a problem but the converters sometimes cause weird things to happen.