Artifactors?

Kuronin

This is a GPU overclocking topic. I am running a 3870 using riva tuner to 900 core and 1300 memory, I would like to push this further, but I can't. I would just like to know the exact cause of Artifacts and System Instability. Is it that the card is simply running too hot, or is there just a set point where you cannot overclock anymore no matter what temperature you reach? OR is there some other setting I need to change on rivatuner to push it out further?

This is a GPU overclocking topic. I am running a 3870 using riva tuner to 900 core and 1300 memory, I would like to push this further, but I can't. I would just like to know the exact cause of Artifacts and System Instability. Is it that the card is simply running too hot, or is there just a set point where you cannot overclock anymore no matter what temperature you reach? OR is there some other setting I need to change on rivatuner to push it out further?

This can be caused by both heat, and insufficient power to the components at the new acquired speeds. Try cooling it if it's a bit hot, this is also a good idee to cool your card if you plant to increase the volts.