Canon Rebel Xsi?

Muskie

I was looking into a lightweight digital slr and I am wonding if anyone has any experience with the rebel xsi. I already bought into canon with all my lenses for my old film slr so im not really up for moving to another company(ie nikon). The thing is I've heard some problems with the lens mount on the older digital rebels when using larger lenses and I'm not sure if it still exists. Also does anyone have any experience with the overall image quality? (fyi i shoot mainly landscapes)

xsi is a fantastic camera, and thats coming from me a nikon guy ^_^

Im not sure about the lens compatibility at all, I was always under the impression that canon lenses would work on all canon cameras. Excluding the vignetting you might get from using lenses made for cameras with full frame sensors.

Im not sure about the lens compatibility at all, I was always under the impression that canon lenses would work on all canon cameras. Excluding the vignetting you might get from using lenses made for cameras with full frame sensors.
I suppose it all depends on what MM his SLR lenses are...

i have an olympus SLR, amazing camera, really the rebel is the best you're going to get but cost more than its worth and cannon only works with cannon lens which is really a pain. grab a olympus if you can as it supports all sorts of brands even 35mm lens (non digital).

I havent used the XSi, but I have used my friends rebel xti for a while, and it is an amazing camera. The xsi is supposed to be better then the xti so I would recommend it...he doesnt have any larger lenses so I cant help you there

most cannon lens cost half of what the cameras worth, unless you are making money taking pictures i would stick to one lens or get a different brand. the lens range from 300-1000$

True...the 18-55mm starter lens is good for most uses

in regards to the lens comparability, I have a larger telephoto lenses form my old eos3 film slr. I heard some of the earlier rebels had issues with heavier lenses since the mount was partially plastic. I'm wondering if this is still an issue or not. Its a very nice lens and I'd like to be able to still use it.