I7 Vs Phenom 2's

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man now all I can think about is the new reviews. AAAAAHHHHHHH! I keep checking back on this site hoping that by some miracle they will be on here early. Don't get me wrong, I don't prefer one chip over the other (Intel/AMD), but I do like to save money, especially with the current economical crisis. Man, I am way to excited for this (and way too big a nerd)! :D

this looks pretty cool...

http://hothardware.com/News/AMD-Sneak-Peek...clocks-To-5GHz/

does anybody know if this chip will be compatible with socket am2+ boards?

They are coming out with two versions. The one out for christmas is, and the later one will be compatible with the new AM3 socket and be able to use DDR3 mem. I'm thinking of waiting for the later because that way you can use DDR3 or DDR2 from what i understand.

Awesome, can't wait the review. Could Phenom match core i7?

That's the million dollar question, isn't it? ;)

I don't think they'll be faster but they'll be cheaper and more power efficient. At least, that's what the server chips are doing now...there's no reason the Phenom 2 won't do the same.

ya, i'm kinda leaning towards that link being taken with a grain of salt. Its being sponsored by amd and its part of a viral marketing campaign. Looks promising but well see what happens when some independednt reviews start coming out.