Directx 10.1 And Vista Compared To Directx9.0c And Xp

Kingfisher

I am thinking of switching to Vista Home Premium 64 bit from old tried and true XP.

I will be using the same hardware in my signature as well.(perhaps using a raid 0 configuration)

How much, if any FPS or other performance increase in gaming, is there going from XP to Vista 64 bit home premium?

I play mainly CoD4, Far Cry 2 and Oblivion.

Oblivion plays fine on Vista x64, tho' I hadn't played it on XP. I can't speak for any other DX10 games, but BioShock looks great in DX10 mode. :D

Overall, my move from XP x86 to Vista x64 was very good. No slow downs, don't know if they run faster, but they all run as expected.

Edit-

Hooray for 1000 posts!

Edited by nVidia_Freak

Thanks for the post and grats on 1k posts.

Brrrrr... Chitown is cold, too cold for this time of year.

Born and raised there for 35 years until moving to Dallas. :thumbs-up:

Yeah well the guys in Chitown get better clocks.

I love Vista I haven't had one problem other than not being able print to our Sharp printer (which is entirely Sharp's lazy fault for not developing them) I just print my stuff from my dad's XP computer. But I love it other than that, and Sims 2 I can play every game on it (I believe it is the 64bit OS problem not Vista that I can't play Sims 2)

I love Vista. DX10 FTW! I don't care what people say, I can't go back. It just looks soooo good.

I noticed a performance decrease when I went from XP to Vista on my 7900GS SLI, but the performance what I've gotten with later cards is so good I haven't cared to really test them back in XP. So as long as you're on recent video hardware you'll be fine.

Edited by Crow47