Avi's On Dvd So It Will Play In Dvd Player

Sly_C

So I got another question for you guys. How can I put some AVI's onto a DVD, so that they will play in a DVD player?

So I got another question for you guys. How can I put some AVI's onto a DVD, so that they will play in a DVD player?

Use ConvertXtoDVD to convert it and burn onto a dvd. Very simple prog. and works like a champ!

Check to see if your DvD player can read AVI files. Cause you can burn more AVI files on a DvD than make AVI files into a movie on a DVD.

My brother has a portable Dvix DvD player which reads .AVI files, great for road trips. Watch a couple eps of TV shows from one DvD.

can I put more than one AVI on a DVD or with these programs or am I stuck burning one AVI per dvd?

It totally depends on whether your DVD player can play DivX files or not.

Nero lets you downcovert each AVI so you can fit more, but that degrades the quality. If you got plenty of disc, test one out and try it. If it doesn't look bad to you do it like that. I did a few a couple years ago. I added on like 4-5 AVI anime eps per dvd. I 4got how it turned out. I never watched the dvds myself gave them away to someone.

if you just have and .avi copy you want to watch on your TV why not just hook the PC to the TV and watch the avi that way...?

much less work and wear and tear on the DVD player....

I have just recently backed up almost all my DVD collection to avi format and put them on a media server...

This was the best single thing I have ever done...

For me it was a yearly cost of DVD players plus the DVDs themselves...sometimes multiple purchases of one copy if it got worn out in the process...

Most of my DVD collection is geared towards kids stuff so they either wear out or the DVD player dies from constant use....

Until i backed up the collection on a media server I used to go through about 3-4 DVD players a year and I have had them all from real cheap to the good ones...none of them last to the constant movie watching abuse of my kids 24/7

if you just have and .avi copy you want to watch on your TV why not just hook the PC to the TV and watch the avi that way...?

much less work and wear and tear on the DVD player....

I have just recently backed up almost all my DVD collection to avi format and put them on a media server...

This was the best single thing I have ever done...

For me it was a yearly cost of DVD players plus the DVDs themselves...sometimes multiple purchases of one copy if it got worn out in the process...

Most of my DVD collection is geared towards kids stuff so they either wear out or the DVD player dies from constant use....

Until i backed up the collection on a media server I used to go through about 3-4 DVD players a year and I have had them all from real cheap to the good ones...none of them last to the constant movie watching abuse of my kids 24/7

If you want to do something like that I would suggest Popcorn Hour or WD's new media player. Both run for about $100, but they both support a good amount of video and audio codecs. AVI, MKV, and others. I would have bought one of these if I already didn't have a PS3. I may still buy one and save myself time from encoding x264 mkvs to x264 vobs, so I can play it through PS3's OS hard drive. As for Popcorn Hour and WD, idk if they support external subs or soft subs (overlay). Might have to look that up. I can transcode x264 mkv to x264 vob in 3-5 minutes on my current rig. It's when I encode between the two, hardcodding subs, it takes up to 7 hours. :(. Quad core here I come :D.

I would highly recommend Dr_Bowtie's way. I use it myself but with a PS3 as my media center. Since my PC is away from the TV.

Edited by Krazyxazn