Sign in to follow this  
NinjaDude

Installing Vista, Slow As Hell, Never Completes Installation.

So now I have more problems...go figure =( I started updating and putting the drivers in and what do u know? the computer freezes. I havent been able to install any drivers or updates. The computer likes to freeze. Im trying to do the Memtest but im kinda a noob at something like that.

Just burn the Memtest ISO and boot from it. Let it run for at least 1 full pass (100% coverage, it'll take quite a while).

ok so i did the stress test. it had 0 errors. any other suggestions? is it possible that its the Mobo or CPU that is causing this problem?

Edited by NinjaDude

I had a similar problem when installing VIsta Ultimate 64 Bit. The way I got around it and got everything running was to disconnect ALL other drives other then the Drive I was installing to, and the DVD drive. I also decided to slipstream all the drivers for the motherboard and chipset using Nlite, burned the dvd, and it all worked fine.

With the drivers all ready there, I think I avoided the problems that some have had.