Will This Psu Work For This Mobo/cpu?

powersupply: 430w tt +3.3V@20A, +5V@30A, +12V@18A, [email protected], [email protected], +5VSB@2A

yes i know its crap but it was originally intended for a 4 year old comp

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817153023

mobo: gigabyte am2+ 790gx 750sb hd3300

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...52&Tpk=ds4h

cpu: 5200+ athlon x2

ram: 2x2 gb ddr2 gskill

sata II hdd

4x 80mm fans

1x 120 yate

problem is that i hooked everything up on the new mobo and psu, and no light ups and obviously no posts or anything

now in the mobo book, it says it requires 2x 12v 4pin connectors heres a pic:

http://www.overclock3d.net/gfx/articles/20...0200533500l.jpg

now i wonder, cant i just use one 12v connector? or is the psu way too underpowered?

btw this psu powered my 4 year old 478 system with a 2.5ghz northy, 2gb ram, same amount of fans, hdd, and a x800 pro

thanks for the time

Edited by e6600

You're going to need to use both the 4 pin (CPU) power connector and the 24 pin ATX...I don't see any other places. They're there for stability. Some motherboards have more (3 or 4 connections, total).

You can see if the power supply will start: http://www.pcpower.com/support/ATX_troubleshoot.htm

If it won't turn on that way, you probably won't be able to get it to turn on at all.

PS. None of your links work

do you know if it will start if there is only one 4pin cpu connector connected? ive seen some molex to 2x 4pin connectors on newegg, which i could actually buy

but due to the very low amps on the 12v, im skeptical of spending money on something that will not work, or will screw up some of my hardware.

im buying a new psu later in janurary when deneb and the new die shrunk 260 comes out, but atm i do not have the money and i just wanna use the new parts i have now.

p.s. ive edited my links, srry and thanks ^^

I'm still not sure what you're talking about. If I'm looking at the wrong motherboard pictures, tell me what exact motherboard model you have (and the exact PSU model). That'd help a lot.

If it's a recently made power supply, it should have a 24-pin ATX connector (usually 20+4 pin...but I don't think the 4 pin from that should be used for anything else). The 4-pin CPU should be on another completely separate cable from the power supply (this will go to the 2x2 pin connector in the locality of your CPU on your motherboard).

However, since I really do not know what motherboard you are talking about, there is a chance that it has an EPS connector (8-pin, for CPU). It's 2x4, 12V. I've heard of people using just the normal 2x2 (I think it fits in one half), and it being ok, but it's a crapshoot. There should also be the 2x2 pin CPU to 2x4 pin EPS connectors (here)

I don't like converters...but, if the power supply is decent, you might be able to get away with it. :ph34r:

PS. If your computer still isn't starting, try just the PSU + a harddrive + a paperclip. It's in the link I posted above. If it doesn't start that way, it won't start any other way.

To do this look at the 20/24 pin cable. Every wire should have another wire the same color except 4. You are going to put the paper clip into the slot of 2 of these 4 wires. Blue and Green (i think been i while since i last did that). Do not plug the PSU in untill after you have the paperclip in.

Green and any black!!!

I posted a link above :closedeyes:

I'm still not sure what you're talking about. If I'm looking at the wrong motherboard pictures, tell me what exact motherboard model you have (and the exact PSU model). That'd help a lot.

If it's a recently made power supply, it should have a 24-pin ATX connector (usually 20+4 pin...but I don't think the 4 pin from that should be used for anything else). The 4-pin CPU should be on another completely separate cable from the power supply (this will go to the 2x2 pin connector in the locality of your CPU on your motherboard).

However, since I really do not know what motherboard you are talking about, there is a chance that it has an EPS connector (8-pin, for CPU). It's 2x4, 12V. I've heard of people using just the normal 2x2 (I think it fits in one half), and it being ok, but it's a crapshoot. There should also be the 2x2 pin CPU to 2x4 pin EPS connectors (here)

I don't like converters...but, if the power supply is decent, you might be able to get away with it. :ph34r:

PS. If your computer still isn't starting, try just the PSU + a harddrive + a paperclip. It's in the link I posted above. If it doesn't start that way, it won't start any other way.

ive edited my original post so now its better. my psu only has 18amps on the 12v, and yes its pretty crappy

on newegg ive ordered a molex to 8pin connector... but if the psu is an absolute nono, then ima just buy a 650tx corsair used from another forum

but yeah, i just want to use this new hardware atm ^^

heres a review of a 790gx chipset with a 9850BE which has a 125w tdp and my 5200+ has half that

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-790gx--f...a7das-review/12