Led Lighting Ideas?

I am looking for some LED lighting ideas for my case (Antec 900). I already have a way of controlling LEDs from my computer, I am just trying to find intresting ways of using this ability. One idea I have it to disconnect the LEDs in my fans from the molex connector & connect them to my PC so I could create running effects (with the LEDs still mounted on the fans).

Things available to me:

LED fans

Superbright 30cm LED light strip

Some 8

WOW :O, That mobo is so cool. Those are the built in LEDs :O?

U can control almost anything from an Arduino. With some external circuitry anything is possible. I think I should've got one of these instead, they are much more flexible. Even though they have less I/O.

They're pretty neat. Currently I'm using it with Pure Data Extended, but I want to learn VVVV and Jitter which would be cool.

I'm working on some crazy stuff that'll probably never work, but if it one day does I'll make a post about it :P

I think the LEDs are built in... it should be simple enough to recreate anyway.

Edit: Yes they are:

It would be easy to recreate, it's just figuring out a way of mounting the LEDs. On that Abit board they are prolly SMT LEDs, so that is obviously not something that I can do to my current mobo. Maybe just a spot of silicone will do it?

Sounds like a plan :). What I'll do is solder wire to each leg of the LEDs & put heatshrink over the bare wire/leg. Then just put a small piece of double sided to hold them. So, what colour/colours would u recommend for the 'Backlight'?

Thanks for the ideas.