Temperature So High Using Aquagate S1!!!

abid

i think i chose the wrong cooler for my q6600.. i overclock it to 9x300MHz, 1.275v.... and its water cooling, should be stable....

so i run a stress test using OCCT... in 3 mins it says TEMPERATURE TOO HOT!! is my cooler got problem or due to my thermal paste?? all information is at my signature... thanks. IF I DONT DO ANYTHING (IDLE)=44 42 39 38 using real temp.... my room temperature is 29-30 like that.....

Edited by abid

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Try remounting the block, make sure every corner is tightened equally. Thermal paste could cause some problems, don't put too much!

Edited by Zertz

yeah i re mount it 3 times already...... thermal paste i use normal. a bit at the cpu a bit at the cooler... ><

i think the room temperature???

O.o Thermal paste on BOTH the cpu and cooler? You're using too much then. Only put a dab on the cpu and then mount the cooler straight on it without turning. You'll get better temps by doing that

I'd say you may have too much thermal paste. Also, I've never heard of that waterblock, is it a good one? Next, what type of radiator are you using? A radiator can't cool any lower than room temp and even the best still can't get much closer than maybe 5C away. Also, are you getting enough flow in your loop? What type of pump are you using?

wokay ill try.... thanks,,, but need more replies!! lol

I agree...There has to be something wrong with your mount. It actually takes very little paste.....My Q6600 on air at 3.4 idles at 31-33-30-30

Your room temp is 30c? Thats 86 degrees!!!

Edited by Royalfork

My Q6600 on air at 3.4 idles at 31-33-30-30

That seems about 10 C too low...what are you using to read it? Even the best air coolers don't get much below 40 @ idle on a Q6600 at the speeds you're running.

OP - what load temperatures are you actually getting up to? It may just have the alarm set too low.

That seems about 10 C too low...what are you using to read it? Even the best air coolers don't get much below 40 @ idle on a Q6600 at the speeds you're running.

OP - what load temperatures are you actually getting up to? It may just have the alarm set too low.

I use Core temp and HW Monitor (CPUID) Both show similar temps...I have never had a problem with temps even when benching!

Edited by Royalfork

I use Core temp and HW Monitor (CPUID) Both show similar temps...I have never had a problem with temps even when benching!

They just seem *very* low for that CPU and that cooler. :shrug:

They just seem *very* low for that CPU and that cooler. :shrug:

Right now my room temp is 20c

I just checked with the latest version of Core Temp and I have almost exactly the same temps....