Computer Not Booting

rich

yeah, i messed with a few things, and then i finally decided to break down and take it piece by piece. turns out the floppy drive was shot. so i think i'm ok now. i have no idea why it all went to hell on me, but after i went piece by piece i got it all sorted out. thanks a lot for all the help guys

yeah, i messed with a few things, and then i finally decided to break down and take it piece by piece. turns out the floppy drive was shot. so i think i'm ok now. i have no idea why it all went to hell on me, but after i went piece by piece i got it all sorted out. thanks a lot for all the help guys

Ummm I highly doubt the floppy being shot would stop it from booting...

You wanna know what you did?

(Ive done it b4 when i was a newb)

The red strip on the floppy cord tells you to put it in the first pin of the floppy...

My guess is you put the floppy cord on backwards.....

Computer won't boot with IT BACKWARDS!! :P

Ummm I highly doubt the floppy being shot would stop it from booting...

You wanna know what you did?

(Ive done it b4 when i was a newb)

The red strip on the floppy cord tells you to put it in the first pin of the floppy...

My guess is you put the floppy cord on backwards.....

Computer won't boot with IT BACKWARDS!! :P

LOL!

:withstupid:

I didn't know for sure how to install a floppy drive till like last week. Like i knew about where the cables and stuff and that it used a specific type of connector but not the red line thing. So my friend ask me to install a floppy and i was like. Uhmm why? i mean honestly no1 now needs a floppy drive. So i went to install it, didnt work. a few months later i built his grandpa a computer and i read in the mobo manual about the red line and i was like oh ok... USB PEN DRIVES ALL THE WAY!

It'll boot with the cable backwards, it just won't find the floppy drive.

No not true...

Some mobo WONT BOOT and the Floppy light just stays lit..

Happened to me on two diff't machines (one of em was a dell)

Edit:

Ppl need floppys so u can boot outside of Windows if its not functioning properly (i.e. DOS bootable)...

Or to KillMBR has to be done through a dos bootable disk..

Edited by AYoKoNA

i don't know why it did that, but i checked all the cables. when the floppy was disconnected, the computer booted fine. when i connected it, nothing. so i went downstairs and got a new one and put it in and it worked fine. now, as weird as that sounds, i have no idea why or how it happened, i just know that that's what worked. the computer is pretty screwy as it is, so that probably wasn't even the problem, it just decided to work this time. either way, i fixed it.