Vantec Tornado

Paranoid

I just ordered 3 Vantec Tornadoes off the internet. I'm going to use one on my heatsink, one at the front of my case, and one at the back. I'm not worried about noise, because I adjust very quickly. Took less than a week to get used to my volcano 11. Hoping to get my CPU temp down to 40C. Currently sitting at 50-55C at full load (Folding 24/7). How much better do these cool than ordinary fans? Is the noise worth the drop in temperature?

I do have a fan controller, so if I need to turn them down I can. I need to get a better controller though. I have a really cheap no-name one. Considering buying a Vantec fan controller sometime next year. Do they make the best ones or does another company make a better one?

Seriously, the tornado is not that loud. I sleep with mine on no problem. You want loud, wait until your ball bearings wear out on your PSU fan and it grinds like nuts. Not only is it twice as loud as my tornado, it is a far more annoying pitch.

we had that happen once at school... It was in our server room and we looked at the name of the computer (GPDS) and just figured it was a non-critical server so we pull the plug to replace it... I was then like "watch the internet wont work" well my friends trys to hit google but um... nothing... we later figured out that GPDS stood for Granville Primary Domain Server :P

and with that I call it a day and retreat to my bed...