2 Pin Led Connector?

hey guys on my new htpc case a have a female 2 pin connecter and i dont have any place on my mirco atx mobo to put it>>> do you know where i can get an adapter to go 2pin to 4pin molex?

Also i wanted to hook up 4 leds in my case ... is it possible for them to all be connected to one wire that plugs into my psu?

thanks

hey guys on my new htpc case a have a female 2 pin connecter and i dont have any place on my mirco atx mobo to put it>>> do you know where i can get an adapter to go 2pin to 4pin molex?

Also i wanted to hook up 4 leds in my case ... is it possible for them to all be connected to one wire that plugs into my psu?

thanks

Not sure about the pin question but i'm sure there is an adapter out there somewhere.

As for the LEDs yes you can. (I'm under the assumption these are gonna be attached to the case and not the MOBO)

You will need to saulder, a sauldering gun, some wire, a molex connector. (prolly otherways to do this but this is the most fun)

If your gonna switch out LED's on your MOBO you will still need to saulder but this is easier.

what is the 2-pin LED connector for? the harddrive? power? suspend? email? what?

why do you want to connect it to the power supply?

for LEDs, you will have to know the specs if you are going for maximum brightness (e.g. light accents)... probably can assume 2.5v/30mA to power most LEDs

so I'd put them in series with a 68ohm resistor from the 12V line...

Vs = 12V

Vf = 4 x 2.5V = 10V

Imax = 0.03A

R = (12 - 10) / 0.03 = 66.7 ---> next highest standard value is 68

this will of course differ if you use white or blue LEDs, or if you are looking to use them as panel indicator LEDs that don't need to be blindingly bright

Nrg beat me as usual <_<. I think the OP is talking about a power LED on his case. But there is no connector on his mobo?

@OP, which mobo are u talking about. Look in ur manual, usually there is a pin-out for a small group of pins to plug in a power switch & LEDs, etc.

The mobo im using is a FOXCONN microatx G43MX-K - and the case I'm using is a Omaura TF-8... the line that goes from the power switch to the mobo connector is the same line that connects the led light for the power switch ...(this is the light not going on - I'll attach a pic later today) and the 2 pin female is connected to another light tht shows the Omaura logo light..I've tried attaching it to other pins but nothing worked. I'll get some pics up and get back to you guys. Thanks!

OK here are the pics

this is where the 2 pin connector starts....

post-29324-1227139550_thumb.jpg

its connected to 2 small LEDs that light up the logo of the case like this>

post-29324-1227139677_thumb.jpg

but it doesnt work on mine...heres the end of the 2 pin that i cant find a place on my mobo for:

post-29324-1227139729_thumb.jpg

Then on the other side of the case is the power button... the switch itself works just the light doesnt go on but they use the same power cable Here:

post-29324-1227139802_thumb.jpg

on the reverse side of the green plate that holds the button on you can see 4 small lights that go around the switch... this are the ones that i think are bad and i dont have a clue how to replace them ... here:

post-29324-1227139885_thumb.jpg

If I cant figure it out I'm just going to shimmy 2 leds inbetween the green plate and the case and i'm sure that will work ... but let me know if you guys have any ideas thanks