The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

I'm not just running a single monitor, though. I'm running 3 1080p monitors :P

And I got it for $415... after the $150 gift card I got for Christmas from my family was applied.

The monitor shown in the order history was a gift for someone that was using a 19" CRT from 1998.

Edited by iskout

PICTURE!

This has been the longest "packaging" time I've ever felt in my entire life. Far and away the most expensive GPU I've ever bought.

Seems a bit much for 1080p...

As long as you don't care about the eye candy sure it is. People want what they want and this should be a nice combo for some long term enjoyment.    

I'm not just running a single monitor, though. I'm running 3 1080p monitors :P

And I got it for $415... after the $150 gift card I got for Christmas from my family was applied.

The monitor shown in the order history was a gift for someone that was using a 19" CRT from 1998.

Good on you then, just was gonna say I'm running a 2560x1600 monitor with only a 7970 and gonna cry if you bought that beast for just one 1080P monitor which is child's play.

PICTURE!

This has been the longest "packaging" time I've ever felt in my entire life. Far and away the most expensive GPU I've ever bought.

Seems a bit much for 1080p...

As long as you don't care about the eye candy sure it is. People want what they want and this should be a nice combo for some long term enjoyment.

I'm just sore since I have a 2560x1600 run by just a 7970 lol

Honestly, my 770 is enough for a single 1080p, but I like to play Civ 5 at 5760x1080. The 770 just isn't quite enough to make it enjoyable at that res, even at lowest settings.

Nope it sure is not! Once you get the map pretty well populated it slows way down! Hell even to start its not all that good. 

It shipped tonight. :D

Oh, I cannot wait. Hopefully it'll be here just in time for my next day off (Tuesday) and I can get it thrown in and enjoy some ultra-high-res gaming. :P

:cheers:

Dinner with the Wife, Son and his bride to be!