The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Found a new bike. CBR600RR with the rare blue color.

If you think that 500 was fast that 600RR will tear your nuts clean off. 

As far as the Buell/Harley reliability goes. The old Harleys before the Evo motor were truely terrible, leaky, smelly, shaky beasts. Not saying the new ones are amazing, but are way more reliable than BMW bikes. 

Also, Harley Davidson motors are infinitely customization so if you wanted to you could just keep upgrading it if you can the cash and wanted it to be faster. 

Buells>Harley reliability wise as well.

Source:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/17/is-harley-davidson-the-worst-motorcycle-money-can.aspx 

Yeah, more than twice the horsepower on the CBR600RR. I imagine anything more than half throttle being absolutely terrifying. I'll work my way up to WOT, eventually. At least it's easy to know if you're speeding when you're really giving her the beans - if you're in anything other than first, you're speeding unless you're on the highway. :lol:

Can you send me that link again? It's not working. BMW isn't really known for reliability though, soooo... :lol: I'll keep that Buell in mind but I found another even better CBR today when I was supposed to go pick up that blue one. It's an '09 with 1,280 miles. Picking it up tomorrow at 10 am. Only costs $500 more, too. The blue one was an '04 with 18k on the clock. 

I'm pretty sure linking it again wont make it less broken. It basically said Yamaha rocks, Honda close behind, Harley pretty bad and BMW dead last. 

If you feel comfortable opening it up, by all means open that thing up. 

That 09 CBR sounds like a steal, keep us posted. 

Found a new bike. CBR600RR with the rare blue color.

If you think that 500 was fast that 600RR will tear your nuts clean off. 

As far as the Buell/Harley reliability goes. The old Harleys before the Evo motor were truely terrible, leaky, smelly, shaky beasts. Not saying the new ones are amazing, but are way more reliable than BMW bikes. 

Also, Harley Davidson motors are infinitely customization so if you wanted to you could just keep upgrading it if you can the cash and wanted it to be faster. 

Buells>Harley reliability wise as well.

Source:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/17/is-harley-davidson-the-worst-motorcycle-money-can.aspx 

Yeah, more than twice the horsepower on the CBR600RR. I imagine anything more than half throttle being absolutely terrifying. I'll work my way up to WOT, eventually. At least it's easy to know if you're speeding when you're really giving her the beans - if you're in anything other than first, you're speeding unless you're on the highway. :lol:

Can you send me that link again? It's not working. BMW isn't really known for reliability though, soooo... :lol: I'll keep that Buell in mind but I found another even better CBR today when I was supposed to go pick up that blue one. It's an '09 with 1,280 miles. Picking it up tomorrow at 10 am. Only costs $500 more, too. The blue one was an '04 with 18k on the clock. 

I'm pretty sure linking it again wont make it less broken. It basically said Yamaha rocks, Honda close behind, Harley pretty bad and BMW dead last. 

If you feel comfortable opening it up, by all means open that thing up. 

That 09 CBR sounds like a steal, keep us posted. 

I meant more along the lines of try to send me a working link if you can. :lol:

I got the CBR! :D After riding it home, it's got 1300 miles. It's got both keys (rare), manual, and fully stock everything. All the rubbers are still in nice condition because the bike was never left outside. Rode it 30 miles, wow is that thing fast. I didn't dare give it more than 1/3. If you so much as look at the throttle, you'll be going over the speed limit. I do love being able to leave it in 6th gear around town and never having to downshift to pass people. Ended up costing me $5,000. Here's a pic of it.

8KPJ3.jpg

Edited by Nyt_Ryda
Language

I got the CBR! :D After riding it home, it's got 1300 miles. It's got both keys (rare), manual, and fully stock everything. All the rubbers are still in nice condition because the bike was never left outside. Rode it 30 miles, wow is that thing fast. I didn't dare give it more than 1/3. If you so much as look at the throttle, you'll be going over the speed limit. I do love being able to leave it in 6th gear around town and never having to downshift to pass people. Ended up costing me $5,000. Here's a pic of it.

This isn't the same link but it says the same junk. http://www.autoblog.com/2014/02/22/consumer-reports-motorcycle-reliability-report/

I am happy for you, and super jealous. I will take solace in the fact that it isn't a FZ600 or FZ1000, I really want one of these bikes. They are just out of my price range  :wallbash: Everything is out of my price range. I borked my hip all up so I am stuck doing easy work instead of my usual bread winner. construction. 

Have fun, ride safe, and maybe find a local track that offers a beginners track day thing. Beginner isn't a bad word.

So, we leave for London next Wednesday, CRAZY!! 

I wanted a pair of over-the-ear headphones for the trip as my earbuds don't do well with my tiny ears for long flights (needless to say London is a long flight from here).

ANYWAY -- was looking for something reasonably cheap as we don't travel THAT much, and since I'm picky (no way) I hate getting something expensive that drives me nuts. 

I ended up finding this gem on amazon (technically sold by monoprice)

83234.jpg

They just got here today -- SUPER lightweight, came with two cables, and a 3.5 to 1/4" plug adapter, and hey they fold up pretty nice too. I haven't had them on too long yet for long term comfort comments but the sound out of these little cans is impressive!! I'm actually impressed!!!!

:woot:  :woot:  :woot:  :woot:

5.56. Palmetto has a lot in stock at a decent price.

I've been thinking about adding an AR to the collection...I guess I'm committed now lol.

I'm also on the lookout for an Aimpoint Pro but no stores are budging in price so far. Waiting for a Memorial day sale to pop up.

ACOG or Aimpoint but pricing on them still as you say remain steep at best. 

I'll have to check PSA. Have not ordered from them in a while. 

So, we leave for London next Wednesday, CRAZY!!

I wanted a pair of over-the-ear headphones for the trip as my earbuds don't do well with my tiny ears for long flights (needless to say London is a long flight from here).

ANYWAY -- was looking for something reasonably cheap as we don't travel THAT much, and since I'm picky (no way) I hate getting something expensive that drives me nuts.

I ended up finding this gem on amazon (technically sold by monoprice)

83234.jpg

They just got here today -- SUPER lightweight, came with two cables, and a 3.5 to 1/4" plug adapter, and hey they fold up pretty nice too. I haven't had them on too long yet for long term comfort comments but the sound out of these little cans is impressive!! I'm actually impressed!!!!

:woot::woot::woot::woot:

Panda's coming to visit? :woot:

Those Monoprice cans are actually rated very nicely for their price range.

And if they do break or you're not satisfied monoparesis customer service is fantastic .

I just bought a Dewalt DC05 radio/battery charger for work.

Also, speaking of work, I started working at Ruger 2 weeks ago.

It is terrible, monotonous, shitty, boring, grueling work but it's a job.

Only 5 and a half months before I can get half priced guns!

:P

Edited by Andrewr05
  • Like 1

Those Monoprice cans are actually rated very nicely for their price range.

And if they do break or you're not satisfied monoparesis customer service is fantastic .

I just bought a Dewalt DC05 radio/battery charger for work.

Also, speaking of work, I started working at Ruger 2 weeks ago.

It is terrible, monotonous, shitty, boring, grueling work but it's a job.

Only 5 and a half months before I can get half priced guns!

:P

Hook me up with a Ruger Red Label lol.  That's my next purchase after an AR15.