The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

kingdingeling

Yeah I usually got almost everything back when I was still a student. It was great, until I realized it was my money in the first place.

Now I just look at my paychecks and wonder WTF the missing money is funding. :lol:

I know what mine funds and Im not happy about it!

So Onion when did you move to France?

If you mean from France to the US, I moved in 1998 and went back and forth many times.

Ninja 250R is gone. :( Ninja 650R or CBR this weekend though!

So what you had it for a week?

Also, the the difference between a Ninja 250 and a 650 is huge. Be careful, that front tire can point towards they sky pretty quick even on a 600. 

Also, the the difference between a Ninja 250 and a 650 is huge. Be careful, that front tire can point towards they sky pretty quick even on a 600. 

Little over a month, and put a little over 1000 miles on the 250. Ragged on it pretty good and hit its limits pretty quickly. I didn't have the balls to lean it to the point of scraping the pegs because the bike had 10k miles on it and still had the original tires. Pretty worn, so not the best traction on a tire that wasn't very good to start with. 

Yeah, 600s and 650s are a huge boost in power and are more than what I wanted, but there's no good middle ground. I did find something extremely cool that I might be buying tomorrow if it turns out to be mechanically sound... Buell XB9SX. 950 cc motor, lopey idle, low redline, and tons of torque. A little slower than a 650 and much better handling than the ninja I was looking at. Lighter, too. 

buell__xb9sx_blue_lightning_gm_special_2

Little over a month, and put a little over 1000 miles on the 250. Ragged on it pretty good and hit its limits pretty quickly. I didn't have the balls to lean it to the point of scraping the pegs because the bike had 10k miles on it and still had the original tires. Pretty worn, so not the best traction on a tire that wasn't very good to start with. 

Yeah, 600s and 650s are a huge boost in power and are more than what I wanted, but there's no good middle ground. I did find something extremely cool that I might be buying tomorrow if it turns out to be mechanically sound... Buell XB9SX. 950 cc motor, lopey idle, low redline, and tons of torque. A little slower than a 650 and much better handling than the ninja I was looking at. Lighter, too. 

The Ninja 500's are pretty tame compared to any 600. The weight difference between the 250 and the other bikes should be considered as well. The Buell there looks pretty sweet, some people say they are ugly but not me.

I sat on a Buell Thunderbolt that had been raised for a man much taller than myself. I thought it was a sweet bike. That Buell you linked was a very affordable bike even when new. I never think of Buells but I think if I can't find the FZ6 I like my next bike might very well be a Buell, probably a XB9SX actually. They were never super popular but they are reliable so while after market direct bolt ons might be scarce maintenance cost should still be low.

I think it's a great bike, especially for a newer rider like yourself. I think the the Buell would make a very nice bike for you and if it isn't perfect ride height for you they are very easy to change ride height on. 

I've heard that about 500s. I took an 07 ninja 500 for a spin today and it flies compared to my 250. I didn't dare give it much throttle because even leaning forward I could feel the front end get very light. Definitely didn't want to pop my first wheelie, so I took it slow.

I like the Buell so much because of how different it is. It's got the huge rumbling Harley motor and the awesome stripped out sports bike good looks. My only concern is the reliability. I know a lot of people bash Harley, and people also bash Buell. I just don't know how much truth there is to those statements. I'm not finding much info online, but if it's a reliable bike and it feels nice when I sit on it, I'll be riding home on a Buell tomorrow.

Parts should still be produced for Harley dealers for another year and a half, but what concerns me most is reliability. I read they don't need valve adjustments, which saves money, but what about the rest?

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/mcy/4443947795.html

Edited by Onion

Found a new bike. CBR600RR with the rare blue color.

If you think that 500 was fast that 600RR will tear your nuts clean off. 

As far as the Buell/Harley reliability goes. The old Harleys before the Evo motor were truely terrible, leaky, smelly, shaky beasts. Not saying the new ones are amazing, but are way more reliable than BMW bikes. 

Also, Harley Davidson motors are infinitely customization so if you wanted to you could just keep upgrading it if you can the cash and wanted it to be faster. 

Buells>Harley reliability wise as well.

Source:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/17/is-harley-davidson-the-worst-motorcycle-money-can.aspx 

Found a new bike. CBR600RR with the rare blue color.

If you think that 500 was fast that 600RR will tear your nuts clean off. 

As far as the Buell/Harley reliability goes. The old Harleys before the Evo motor were truely terrible, leaky, smelly, shaky beasts. Not saying the new ones are amazing, but are way more reliable than BMW bikes. 

Also, Harley Davidson motors are infinitely customization so if you wanted to you could just keep upgrading it if you can the cash and wanted it to be faster. 

Buells>Harley reliability wise as well.

Source:

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2014/02/17/is-harley-davidson-the-worst-motorcycle-money-can.aspx 

Yeah, more than twice the horsepower on the CBR600RR. I imagine anything more than half throttle being absolutely terrifying. I'll work my way up to WOT, eventually. At least it's easy to know if you're speeding when you're really giving her the beans - if you're in anything other than first, you're speeding unless you're on the highway. :lol:

Can you send me that link again? It's not working. BMW isn't really known for reliability though, soooo... :lol: I'll keep that Buell in mind but I found another even better CBR today when I was supposed to go pick up that blue one. It's an '09 with 1,280 miles. Picking it up tomorrow at 10 am. Only costs $500 more, too. The blue one was an '04 with 18k on the clock.