kingdingeling

The Official 'i Just Bought...' Thread

They are a great tool to have especially for working on cars, save a lot of time.

yeah, and i cant imagine how much time and effort it could save me doing such things with that toy. :)

They are a great tool to have especially for working on cars, save a lot of time.

yeah, and i cant imagine how much time and effort it could save me doing such things with that toy. :)

Another thing to note is whether or not the compressor is oil-filled or not. It can change applications for painting, but most importantly maintenance. Oil-filled need to be regularly maintained -- and OILED. A lot of people like them for the durability, but they are heavier and require a little more to the upkeep (not really that much).

But if you are buying used -- be sure you can have them show you it works before you buy, oiled or not...

3 boxes of 1940's Maybelline mascara for a dollar. 

$_57.JPG

I haven't really had anything to do since I quit my job so I've spent every day since I bought my bike practicing various things. Found some nice abandoned strips of road and practiced double downshifts, WOT launches and modulating the acceleration using just the clutch, leaning the bike all the way down, etc. It's a fun ride, but it always leaves me wishing it had a bit more pep in its step on the straights. The lack of power also makes me beat the shit out of it and kills the gas mileage. I haven't scraped the pegs yet but judging by the size of the chicken strips on the rear tire, I'm probably pretty close. The bike is sold and the guy is coming over Friday to pick it up. 

Here's the replacement.  :woot: 2013 Ninja 650R. I'm probably picking it up Friday. 

VP3721627_1_large.jpg

I haven't really had anything to do since I quit my job so I've spent every day since I bought my bike practicing various things. Found some nice abandoned strips of road and practiced double downshifts, WOT launches and modulating the acceleration using just the clutch, leaning the bike all the way down, etc. It's a fun ride, but it always leaves me wishing it had a bit more pep in its step on the straights. The lack of power also makes me beat the shit out of it and kills the gas mileage. I haven't scraped the pegs yet but judging by the size of the chicken strips on the rear tire, I'm probably pretty close. The bike is sold and the guy is coming over Friday to pick it up. 

Here's the replacement.  :woot: 2013 Ninja 650R. I'm probably picking it up Friday. 

VP3721627_1_large.jpg

So you have NO job and just bought another bike? Two bikes, and a car -- these things don't fuel themselves...who's the SUGA-DADDY??

VP3721627_1_large.jpg

So you have NO job and just bought another bike? Two bikes, and a car -- these things don't fuel themselves...who's the SUGA-DADDY??

No official job but now that I am relieved of my duties at my previous workplace I can do a lot more IT work. I've got a steady stream of clients and it pays WAY better than my previous job. I charge between $40 and $60 per hour and work about 4-8 hours a week at the moment. The hours are adding up because people are happy with my work and are handing out my business cards. I'm not driving the car much either, I take it out once or twice every two weeks just to keep everything running smooth but that's it. Gas savings are enormous. 

Here's an example of what I do for people. Built a custom rig and 6 23" screen setup for a money manager. Pardon the shitty panorama. 

8DFBG.jpg

Edited by Onion

I hope you're keeping track of your income for tax purposes. I lose over 25% of my income to taxes. :(

EDIT: Maybe at $12k-$25k a year you don't need to worry so much...

I hope you're keeping track of your income for tax purposes. I lose over 25% of my income to taxes. :(

EDIT: Maybe at $12k-$25k a year you don't need to worry so much...

I never complain about taxes because I get a good chunk of it back, and because taxes in France are punitive. Payroll tax in France is 66%!!!!

You only get it back as long as you're a student or not making much.

My refund was $30 this year. :lol:

You only get it back as long as you're a student or not making much.

My refund was $30 this year. :lol:

I'm a student and not making much, so I got a decent refund, I forgot the percentage though.